|This article does not cite any references or sources. (April 2008)|
|Full name||Salam Zgharta|
|Ground||Zgharta Sports Complex - Mirdachiyyé Stadium
|Chairman||Father Estephan Frangieh|
|League||Lebanese First Division|
|Website||Club home page|
Salam Zgharta (Arabic: السلام زغرتا) is a Lebanese football (soccer) club based in Zgharta which competes in the Lebanese Premier League. The clubs fan-base comes from the town of Zgharta and the region of North Lebanon. The clubs traditional kit colour is dark red. Since its foundation, Al Salam sports club has aimed to provide a proper physical education for Lebanese youth in Zgharta and the North area. This education ensures that sport spirit is reflected in the attitudes of its members and their social community.
The mission of the club is to build team players of different age groups and to provide adequate training to improve players’ performance to compete with national and international teams.
Sports clubs in Lebanon is not presently supported by the Ministry of Youth and Sports or related government institutions. Support and financing to sports entities and its charitable programs are secured from private or international NGO’s, donations and non-profit organizations.
For this reason, the concern is to establish relations and promote cooperation with other sports leagues and clubs and related Lebanese authority (Ministry of Youth Sports) and establish partnership with nonprofit humanitarian organization to develop, participate in as well as implement projects cutting across cultural lines.
Moreover, the present stadium, football field and multipurpose player rooms are in bad condition because of the absence of qualified management team and lack of financial resources necessary to renovate the building and plant the field.
Al Salam's new administrative board that took responsibility is keen to secure fund to complete the renovation works at the physical plant and to implement current and future program of the club.
Renovation quotation and engineering plans from engineering firms and agricultural companies are being requested.
The renovation of the building will incorporate the needs of the club and support its future programs.
Currently, and because of the facts mentioned above, Al Salam Club also faces new challenges – such as decline in membership growth, rising age demographic of membership, in addition to the field and facilities requirements – Al Salam Club must address these needs and take on new responsibilities and liabilities. There is a need to rebuild the membership and establish a true sense of community and commitment within the Club.
Note: Flags indicate national team as defined under FIFA eligibility rules. Players may hold more than one non-FIFA nationality.
Coach: Peter Meindertsma
Goalkeeper coach: Alexander
DCT: Marwan Khoury
Administrative Assembly of Salam Zgharta Club
President: Father Estephan Frangieh
Vice-President: Simon Douayhi
Secretary: Charbel Azizi
Treasurer: Oussama Lebian
Accountant: Antoine Saroufim
Public Relations: Father Joseph Mouawad
Managing director: Charbel Azizi
Sports director: Antoine Finianos
- Badoui Jeitany
- George Finianos
- Antoine Yammine
- Tony Abdallah
- Cesar Iskandar
- Badoui Makary
- Doumit Maarawi
- Badoui Frangieh
- In 1985, the club won the shield of the Arab clubs championship after winning the penalty shoot-team Olympique Egypt 5–3.
- In 1987, the club won the Cup in Lebanon team Homentmen 1–0.
- In 1990, the club won the Cup in memory of the June 13 Star team 1–0.
- In 1991, the club won the Cup championship the memory of President Rene Moawad on Homentmen 2–1.
- In 2007, the club won the Cup Championship second-class Homentmen 6–2.
- In 2014, the club won the Lebanese Cup 1–0 against Tripoli SC.
- Renovation of the present stadium and the installation of artificial grass for the football field and the track field are complete
- The rehabilitation of the facility near the stadium that is devastated. The one floor building consists of two apartments for foreign coaches and rooms for foreign and hosted players along with housing utilities
Phase II of rehabilitation:
- The construction of a second stadium.
- Establishing a club for body building, the new facility will accommodate a cafeteria, a conference room and a parking lot.
Notable former players