||This article appears to be written like an advertisement. (November 2012)|
|Headquarters||Bangsar, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia|
|Parent||Reach Telecom Holdings K.S.C.C.|
Salamfone, a subsidiary of Kuwait’s Reach Telecom, is the world's first Syariah compliant mobile network. The Mobile Virtual Network Operator(MVNO) operated using the Maxis 2G network. Salamfone has closed down its business on August 1, 2013.
Services and coverage
The prepaid starter pack was priced at RM8.50 with RM5 airtime. Voice calls are charged RM0.20/min(normal rate is 25sen/min) to all network nationwide & each SMS cost 10sen. Data is pay-per-use and it is charged 10sen/10kb.
Some of the services provided by Salamfone:
- Infaq-One sen will be donated by Salamfone every time a customer calls another Salamfone customer
- Talian Hidayah – dedicated Islamic helpline
- Islamic Auspicious Days reminder and Bonus
- Free Inspiring Religious SMS
- Islamic Tunes – Nasyid and Islamic RBT
- Subscription Islamic Value Added Services
- Reload Transfer
Salamfone was planned to be aggressively marketed at Kedah, Perlis, Terengganu and Kelantan as these locations have the highest concentration of Muslim residents in Malaysia. The service will be primarily targeted to those in the age group of 17 to 55.
Salamfone, which received shariah certification in 2010, banned a number of things such as pornographic pictures sent and received through their lines.
In late-July 2013, during the final weeks of the Ramadan holy month, and with Hari Raya Aidilfitri around the corner, Salamfone users begin to experience a series of service disruptions. It was later known that Salamfone is in the process of settling certain disputes with its host network Maxis. After a series of disagreements between Salamfone and Maxis, it was later decided that Maxis will terminate Salamfone's services and hence, Salamfone was forcibly shut down.
On 1 August, Salamfone announced that it has officially shut down its services. Subscribers are asked to migrate to a different service provider. Existing Salamfone subscribers with unused credits could ask for a refund or bring their unused credits to XOX, another MVNO operator, and continue their services there. 
- "Reach Telecom Holding KSCC". Retrieved 22 November 2013.
- "Maxis Terminates Salamfone's Contract due to the breach of agreement". MalaysianWireless.com. Retrieved 22 November 2013.
- . Ariesham.blogspot.com http://ariesham.blogspot.com/2013/08/kemelut-salamfone-dan-maxis-menganiaya.html. Retrieved 22 November 2013. Missing or empty
- "Islamic Mobile Operator Salamfone shuts down, customers asked to migrate". MalaysianWireless.com. Retrieved 22 November 2013.
- . Sinar Harian http://www.sinarharian.com.my/salamfone-henti-perkhidmatan-1.188935. Retrieved 22 November 2013. Missing or empty