Salarzais, along with the Kakazai and Wur, are one of the four clans of Tarkanis. There were around 8,000 members in the Babukarrah and Charmung valleys in Bajaur and 150 members in Bara Banda of Nowshera District in Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa in 1910. They are also found in Asmar, Watapur and some other areas of Kunar province of Afghanistan
- "A Dictionary of the Pathan Tribes of the North West Frontier of India" published by The General Staff Army Headquarter, Calcutta, India - (Originally Published 1910) - Kakazai / Kakayzai Pathan Tribe is mentioned on page 30 (under ‘K’ - Kakazai), page 12 (under ‘D’ - Daulat Khel - A sub-division of Kakazai Pathans), page 29 (under ‘M’ - Maghdud Khel
- "Frontier and Overseas Expeditions from India" Volume One published by Government Mono Type Press, Simla, India - (Originally Published 1907) - Kakazai / Kakayzai Pathan Tribe is mentioned on Page 555
- "Tazkara" (also called "Tazkira-e-pathan"), Khan Roshan khan, pp 176–181 (in Urdu).
- Kakezai/Kakazai Afghan/Pathan Tribe, Tazkara by Khan Roshan Khan online scans of Urdu text
- "Tareekh-e-Kakazai" (a.k.a. "Hidayat Afghani - Tareekh-e-Kakazai Tarkani" (Originally Published May, 1933)
|This article about an ethnic group in Asia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|