He has a PhD in English of George Washington University in America. He is currently teaching in Shahid Chamran University of Ahvaz. Having finished the introductory education in his hometown, he continued his education in Shiraz University of Iran where he graduated with an M.A. Then he went to the U.S., got his PhD in George Washington University and came back to Iran in the same year (1979). He was acclaimed by Iranian Ministry of Culture and Guidance as the leading translator and critic of the Iranian year 1376 (1997). Of his great works of art are the translation of 1984 by George Orwell and the introduction of Brave New World translated into Persian by Sa’id Hamidian. He also translated To the Lighthouse (Virginia Woolf) and Heart of Darkness (Joseph Conrad) which are both great in source language and translated target language. Nazari-be-Tarjome (نظری به ترجمه) [A Look to Translation] and Farhang-i-Nabarabarhaye Adabi (فرهنگ نابرابرهای ادبی) [A Dictionary of Literary Inequalities] are among the books written by Dr. Saleh Hosseini.
- A comparative analysis of The Sound and the Fury and Shazde Ehtejab * * [Barrasye-Tatbighie-Khashm-o-Hayahoo-va-Shazde-Ehtejab](بررسی تطبیقی خشم و هیاهو و شازده احتجاب)
- Tiling of Scribers’ Palace [Kashigari-i-Kakh-i-Kateban] (کاشی گری کاخ کاتبان) (in coolaboration with Pouya Rafi’i)
- Golshiri the Scriber and House of Brightness [Golshiri-i-Kateb-va-Khaneye-Roshanan] (گلشیری کاتب و خانه ی روشنان) (in collaboration with Pouya Rafi’i)
- Prayer Flowers [Golhaye-Niayesh] (گل های نیایش)
- A look to Translation [Nazari-be-Tarjome] (نظری به ترجمه)
- Silent Lotus [Niloofar-i-Khamush] (نیلوفر خاموش)
- To the Lighthouse – Virginia Woolf
- The Sound and the Fury – William Faulkner
- Go Down Moses - William Faulkner
- Absalom, Absalom! – William Faulkner
- The Brothers Karamazov - Fyodor Dostoevsky
- The Death of Ivan Ilyich – Leo Tolstoy
- The Last Temptation of Christ - Nikos Kazantzakis
- Report to Greco - Nikos Kazantzakis
- The Gambler - Fyodor Dostoevsky
- Heart of Darkness – Joseph Conrad
- Lord Jim – Joseph Conrad
- Under the Volcano - Malcolm Lowry
- The Great Code: The Bible and Literature – Northrop Frye
- The Anatomy of Criticism – Northrop Frye
- 1984 – George Orwell
- Animal Farm – George Orwell (in collaboration with Msaumeh Nabi-Zadeh)
- "صالح حسینی و معیارهای نقد شعر". Aftab. 5 December 2006. Retrieved 25 September 2011.
- "اورول سیاست را از زبان كنار گذاشت". IBNA. 6 July 2007. Retrieved 25 September 2011.
- Hori, A. A. F. (Summer 2009). "A study of translator's style in translated narrative texts: translation universals in Persian translation of Woolf's To the lighthouse". Translation Studies 7 (26): 5–26.
- Somayeh, Delzendehrooy (Summer 2010). "Adequacy or acceptability? Toward making the style of the author known". Translation Studies 8 (30): 27–42.
- Taghavi, Maryam (2009). "The Translator’s Habitus and Shifts: a study on modulations in the Persian translations of Faulkner’s The Sound And The Fury, Go Down Moses and Absalom! Absalom!". New Voices in Translation Studies 5.