Salem Township, Carroll County, Illinois
Location in Carroll County
Carroll County's location in Illinois
|• Supervisor||Merlyn Schreiner|
|• Total||35.57 sq mi (92.1 km2)|
|• Land||35.56 sq mi (92.1 km2)|
|• Water||0.01 sq mi (0.03 km2) 0.03%|
|Elevation||797 ft (243 m)|
|• Density||9.8/sq mi (3.8/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||61014, 61046, 61053|
|GNIS feature ID||0429701|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 35.57 square miles (92.1 km2), of which 35.56 square miles (92.1 km2) (or 99.97%) is land and 0.01 square miles (0.026 km2) (or 0.03%) is water.
Cities, towns, villages
- Mount Carroll (east quarter)
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
The township contains these three cemeteries: Adams-Daggert, Oakville and Trinity Evangelical Lutheran.
Airports and landing strips
- Tautz Brothers Airport
- Williard Nycum RLA Airport
- Chadwick-Milledgeville Community Unit School District 399
- Eastland Community Unit School District 308
- West Carroll Community Unit School District 314
- Illinois' 16th congressional district
- State House District 71
- State Senate District 36
- "Salem Township, Carroll County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System, U.S. Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-04.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
|Mount Carroll Township||Rock Creek-Lima Township|
|Fairhaven Township||Wysox Township|