Salem Township, Steuben County, Indiana
Location in Steuben County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||34.61 sq mi (89.6 km2)|
|• Land||33.92 sq mi (87.9 km2)|
|• Water||0.69 sq mi (1.8 km2) 1.99%|
|Elevation||981 ft (299 m)|
|• Density||66.7/sq mi (25.8/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||0453825|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 34.61 square miles (89.6 km2), of which 33.92 square miles (87.9 km2) (or 98.01%) is land and 0.69 square miles (1.8 km2) (or 1.99%) is water. Lakes in this township include Big Turkey Lake, Black Lake, Henry Lake, Limekiln Lake, Little Turkey Lake and McClish Lake. The streams of Mud Creek, Mud Creek and Nettle Creek run through this township.
Cities and towns
- Hudson (northwest half)
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
- Jackson Township (north)
- Pleasant Township (northeast)
- Steuben Township (east)
- Smithfield Township, DeKalb County (southeast)
- Fairfield Township, DeKalb County (south)
- Wayne Township, Noble County (southwest)
- Milford Township, LaGrange County (west)
- Springfield Township, LaGrange County (northwest)
The township contains six cemeteries: Block, Circle, County Line, Hollister, Trinity and Wright.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.