Salina Township, Kankakee County, Illinois
|Established||April 7, 1854|
|• Supervisor||Jerald Dau|
|• Total||36.59 sq mi (94.8 km2)|
|• Land||36.59 sq mi (94.8 km2)|
|• Water||0 sq mi (0 km2) 0%|
|Elevation||617 ft (188 m)|
|• Density||38.1/sq mi (14.7/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||60481, 60901, 60913, 60935, 60941|
|GNIS feature ID||0429704|
Salina Township[pronunciation?] is one of seventeen townships in Kankakee County, Illinois, USA. As of the 2010 census, its population was 1,396 and it contained 537 housing units. It was formed from part of Limestone Township on April 7, 1854.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 36.59 square miles (94.8 km2), all land.
Cities, towns, villages
- Frielings at
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
- Rockville Township (northeast)
- Limestone Township (east)
- Pilot Township (south)
- Essex Township (west)
- Custer Township, Will County (northwest)
The township contains these three cemeteries: Beach, Bonfield and Maple Grove.
Airports and landing strips
- Hawker Airport
The township is governed by an elected Town Board of a Supervisor and four Trustees. The Township also has an elected Assessor, Clerk, Highway Commissioner and Supervisor. The Township Office is located at 3388 North 10000 West Road, Bonfield, IL 60913.
- Illinois' 11th congressional district
- State House District 75
- State Senate District 38
- Herscher Community Unit School District 2
- "Salina Township, Kankakee County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System, U.S. Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-02-20.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.