30 May 1963
Middleton, Lancashire, England
|Years active||1985 - present|
|Television||Coronation Street (1986-present)|
|Spouse(s)||Tim Dynevor (1995-present)|
|Children||Phoebe, Samuel, Harriet|
|Parents||Robert and Jennifer Whittaker|
Sally Dynevor (née Whittaker) (born 30 May 1963) is an English soap opera actress. She is best known for her long-running role as Sally Webster on the ITV soap Coronation Street which she has played since 1986.
Dynevor trained at Oldham Repertory Theatre and then the Mountview Academy of Theatre Arts. In 1985 she appeared in an episode of the television series Juliet Bravo, playing the problem teenager Wendy Cunningham.
She has made a career out of playing Sally Webster (née Seddon), a bad girl turned tame, on the ITV soap opera Coronation Street. She made her début on the serial in January 1986 and has been with the programme ever since.
Dynevor was nominated for "Best TV soap Personality" at the 2011 Television and Radio Industries Club Awards (TRIC Awards). She made the Longlist for Best Actress at the 2011 British Soap Awards. She also, along with three co-stars, accepted the award for "Best Storyline" which revolved around the Dobbs-Websters love triangle (this award is credited to producer, Phil Collinson).
Dynevor married scriptwriter Tim Dynevor, who was nominated for a BAFTA for his work on Emmerdale in 2008, in Trafford, Greater Manchester in 1995. In 2010, Sally began using her married name of Dynevor professionally. They have three children, all of whom were born in Trafford: Phoebe Harriet (born 17 April 1995), appears in Waterloo Road as Siobhan Mailey and as Lauren in Prisoners' Wives; Samuel Charles R. (born 10 March 1997); and Harriet Fleur "Hatty" (born October 2003).
- Digital Spy
- Corrie star explains her name change. RTÉ. 21 July 2010.
- tv.com biography
- IMDb of Tim Dynevor
- "The TV scene that saved my life: Coronation Street star Sally Whittaker tells how playing a character with breast cancer led her to a shattering discovery" 18 May 2010, Daily Mail
- Marriages and Births England and Wales 1837-2006
- Coronation Street star Sally Whittaker's secret real-life battle with breast cancer
- "Coronation Street star Sally Whittaker fought cancer". BBC News. 3 May 2010.
- "Whittaker: 'Plot may have saved my life'" May 3, 2010, Digital Spy
- Whittaker Returns to Corroe Filming" Digital Spy
- Sally Whittaker visits India ActionAid