||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2009)|
|Competitor for United States|
|Ironman World Championship|
Sally Edwards (born September 10, 1947) is a best-selling author, entrepreneur, professional triathlete, professional speaker, and iPhone app developer. She is one of the pioneers in the Olympic sport of triathlon. Sally resides in Sacramento, California. Edwards has helped to organize both the national and international governing body for the sport triathlon and was just inducted into the Triathlon Hall of Fame. She also wrote the first book on triathlons, and 6 subsequent books on the sport.
Edwards is an entrepreneur, who has founded six companies including:
- Upbeat Workouts, the new iPhone App that matches your music to your steps for runners, walkers, cyclists.
- ZONING Fitness, a patented and branded cardio exercise program using the Blink flashing zones heart rate monitor,
- Fleet Feet Sports (a chain of franchise retail sports stores);
- Yuba Snowshoes (sports-performance snowshoes);  and most recently,
- Heart Zones USA an international fitness and health training and education company,
- The Sally Edwards Company, a professional speaking business.
Sally Edwards has completed over 150 races including more than 75 Danskin Triathlons and 16 Ironman Triathlons. She is a former holder of the master's world record in the Ironman, and the national spokesperson for the Danskin series of women-only sprint triathlons. Her background in multi-sport competition is extensive. She has won the Western States 100 Mile Endurance Run, the 100 mile Iditashoe Snowshoe Race, Race Across America Relay division, and numerous marathons. She was a member four times of the winning two-woman team in the Ride and Tie championship for team of two humans alternately running and riding an equine partner over a difficult 35-40 mile trail. Her partner in 1987 was Gabriela Anderson-Scheiss who represented Switzerland in 1984 running the first Olympics woman's marathon. She has also participated in adventure races around the world.
Edwards is currently represented by The Buzz Truitt Group, Vancouver, Washington.
- Triathlon (1982), Fleet Feet Press
- Triathlon: A Triple Fitness Sport: The first complete guide to challenge you to a new total fitness (1982)
- The Woman Runner's Training Diary (1984)
- The Triathlon Training and Racing Book (1985)
- The Equilibrium Plan: Balancing Diet and Exercise for Lifetime Fitness (1987)
- Triathlons for Kids (1992)
- The Heart Rate Monitor Book (1992)
- Heart Rate Monitor Book (1993)
- Heart Zone Training: Exercise Smart, Stay Fit, and Live Longer (1996) 
- Smart Heart: High Performance Heart Zone Training (1997)
- Caterpillars to Butterflies by Triathletes (from the Danskin Women's Triathlon Series) (1997). Coauthored by Maggie Sullivan
- The Heart Rate Monitor Guidebook to Heart Zone Training (revised 2010)
- The Heart Rate Monitor Log (2000)
- The Triathlon Log (2000)
- The Complete Book of Triathlons (2001)
- The Heart Rate Monitor Workbook for Indoor Cyclists (2001) co authored by Sally Reed 
- The Heart Rate Monitor Book for Outdoor and Indoor Cyclists: A Heart Zone Training Program (2002) co authored by Sally Reed 
- Triathlons for Women: Training Plans, Equipment, Nutrition (2002)
- Triathlons for Women: Revised 2010
- Be a Better Runner: 2011
- ZONING, Fitness in a Blink 2012
- Swaim, Deve; Sally Edwards (February 2002). Middle School Healthy Hearts in the Zone: Heart Rate Monitoring Program for Lifelong Fitness. Idaho: Human Kinetics Publishers. p. 121 pages. ISBN 0-7360-4176-1.
- Swaim, Deve; Sally Edwards (2002-09-17). High School Healthy Hearts in the Zone: A Heart Rate Monitoring Program for Lifelong Fitness. Idaho: Human Kinetics Publishers. p. 328 pages. ISBN 0-7360-4177-X.
- Edwards, Sally; Lorraine Brown (2003-05-06). fit AND fat: The 8-Week Heart Zones Program. Indianapolis, Indiana: Alpha Books. p. 304 pages. ISBN 0-02-864423-9.
- Rudd, Dan; Sally Edwards (September 2004). Health in a Heartbeat. Heart Zones. p. 138 pages. ISBN 0-9700130-5-1.
- Edwards, Sally; Sally Reed (2006). Heart Zones Cycling: The Avid Cyclist's Guide to Riding Faster and Farther. Boulder, Colorado: VeloPress. p. 296 pages. ISBN 1-931382-84-0. 
- ^ Profile of Sally Edwards, Sacramento Business Journal; Danielle Starkey; May 2, 2003.
- ^ High-tech snowshoes blaze new paths, San Francisco Chronicle; Paul Kilduff; Friday, December 30, 2005.
- ^ 1999 Triathlon Hall of Fame Inductees
- ^ Heart Zones(R) Partners - Sally Edwards
- The Sally Edwards Company Official Web Site of Sally Edwards
- Heartzones USA
- Upbeat Workouts App created by Sally Edwards
- Zoning Fitness Co-founder
- Danskin Triathlon
- Trek Women's Triathlon Sally Edwards is their spokesperson.
- Fleet feet Sports