Salote Mafile'o Pilolevu Tuita
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2014)|
|Sālote Pilolevu Tuita|
|Princess Royal of Tonga|
HRH Princess Salote Pilolevu and Siosa'ia Ma'ulupekotofa Tuita on their wedding day in 1976
|Spouse||Hon. Siosa'ia Ma'ulupekotofa Tuita, (m. 20 July 1976)|
|Issue||Hon. Sālote Lupepau'u Salamasina Purea Vahine Arii 'Oe Hau Tuita Taione, Hon. Titilupe Fanetupouvava'u Tuita Tu'ivakano, Hon. Frederica Lupe'uluiva Fatafehi 'o Lapaha Tuita Filipe, Hon. Lupeolo Halaevalu Moheofo Virginia Rose Tuita|
|House||House of Tupou|
|Father||Tāufaʻāhau Tupou IV|
|Mother||Halaevalu Mataʻaho ʻAhomeʻe|
14 November 1951 |
Royal Palace, Nukuʻalofa, Tonga
|Royal Family of Tonga|
She is the only daughter of the late King of Tonga Tāufaʻāhau Tupou IV, who reigned from 1965 to 2006, and his wife, Queen Mother Halaevalu Mataʻaho ʻAhomeʻe. Her three brothers include the late King George Tupou V and the current King of Tonga, Tupou VI, who ascended to the throne in 2012. Because in Tonga culture women are higher ranking than men, she is by far in history the highest ever ranking woman in Tonga, past,present and future. Tonga was ruled by three (3) lines of Kings at the same time .Her grandmother Queen Salote Tupou lll a direct descendant of King Siaosi Tupou l and is from the Tu'i Kanokupolu line. Queen Salote married her consort Hon.Tungi Mailefihi, he was the descendant of the Tu'i Ha'atakalaua the second lines of King. King Taufa'ahau Tupou iv who was their son married her consort Queen Halaevalu Mata'aho (Queen Mother) a great grand daughter of the last king of the first lines of King (Laufilitonga). Princess Salote Pilolevu then have all the bloods of these lines in her veins making her higher ranking than anybody in history. She is a direct descendant of the Tamaha.Tamaha means "sacred child" the highest ranking person in Ancient Tongan Hierarchy who usually was a daughter of the Tui Tonga Fefine and Tui Ha'ateiho/Tu'i Lakepa.
- Hon. Sālote Lupepau'u Salamasina Purea Vahine Arii 'Oe Hau Tuita, who was arranged to marry a son of a Tongan noble who she filed for divorce for in 2008 and they both had one daughter Hon. Phaedra Anaseini Tupouveihola Ikaleti Olo-'i-Fangatapu Fusituʻa. She married a commoner, a former 'Ikale Tahi rugby player 'Epeli Taione in a private wedding ceremony in Fiji on August 17, 2013.
- Hon. Titilupe Fanetupouvava'u Tuita Tu'ivakano, who was formerly engaged to the grandson of the former head of state of Samoa Malietoa Tanumafili II but later called of the engagement due to some family reasons. Fanetupouvava'u was then also later arranged to be married to a son of another Tongan noble, the present prime minister of Tonga, Sialeʻataongo Tuʻivakanō. They both have three children together, Hon. Simon Ma'ulupekotofa, Hon. Michaela and Hon. Fatafehi.
- Hon. Frederica Lupe'uluiva Fatafehi 'o Lapaha Tuita Filipe, or known as Frederica Filipe like her older sister Lupepau'u she married a commoner, who is a son of a Tongan businessman Sione Mateialona Filipe last year in Auckland, New Zealand, August 10 2013. Frederica gave birth on October, 2014 to a baby girl called Latu'alaifotu'aika Fahina e Paepae Tian Tian Filipe.
- Hon. Lupeolo Halaevalu Moheofo Virginia Rose Tuita
and a son, whom they adopted from her brother Prince Fatafehi ʻAlaivahamamaʻo Tukuʻaho (27 September 1979 – 17 February 2004) :
- Fatafehi Sione Ikamafana Tānekinga ʻo Tonga (* 2003 – )
Lord Ma'ulupekotofa Tuita (left) and Princess Pilolevu Tuita (right)
- Knight Grand Cross of the Royal Order of the Crown of Tonga (31 July 2008)
- King George Tupou V Royal Family Order (1.8.2011)
- King Taufa'ahau Tupou IV Coronation Silver Jubilee Medal (4.7.1992)
- King George Tupou V Coronation Medal (31 July 2008)
See the Tongan language page and ancestor's page ...
|Ancestors of Salote Mafile'o Pilolevu Tuita|
Salote Mafile'o Pilolevu Tuita
House of TupouBorn: 14 November 1951
|Lines of succession|
Princess Lātūfuipeka Tukuʻaho
|Line of succession to the Tongan throne
Hon. Sālote Lupepau'u Tuita