Salt Creek Township, Monroe County, Indiana
|Salt Creek Township|
A historic bridge over Stephens Creek in Salt Creek Township
Location in Monroe County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||29.78 sq mi (77.1 km2)|
|• Land||26.68 sq mi (69.1 km2)|
|• Water||3.1 sq mi (8 km2) 10.41%|
|Elevation||541 ft (165 m)|
|• Density||56.7/sq mi (21.9/km2)|
|ZIP codes||47401, 47408|
|GNIS feature ID||0453829|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 29.78 square miles (77.1 km2), of which 26.68 square miles (69.1 km2) (or 89.59%) is land and 3.1 square miles (8.0 km2) (or 10.41%) is water.
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
The township contains Friendship Cemetery.
- Monroe County Community School Corporation
- Indiana's 9th congressional district
- State House District 60
- State Senate District 44
- "Salt Creek Township, Monroe County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-09-27.
- United States Census Bureau 2008 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- Blanchard, Charles (1884). Counties of Morgan, Monroe and Brown, Indiana: Historical and Biographical. F.A. Battey & Company. p. 536.
- History of Lawrence and Monroe Counties, Indiana: Their People, Industries, and Institutions. B.F. Bowen. 1914. p. 427.
- Indiana Township Association
- United Township Association of Indiana
- City-Data.com page for Salt Creek Township
||Bloomington Township||Benton Township|
|Perry Township||Washington Township, Brown County|
|Clear Creek Township||Polk Township|