Salt Point, New York
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (May 2008)|
|Salt Point, NY|
|Time zone||EST (UTC-5)|
Salt Point is a hamlet in Dutchess County, New York, United States. It lies northeast of Poughkeepsie following New York Route 115, the Salt Point Turnpike. East of Salt Point, the Taconic State Parkway allows for easy access from many of the surrounding towns and communities with easy travel to New York City.
Parks and recreation
The following parks are located within the general Salt Point area:
- Helen Aldrich Park, part of the Pleasant Valley town recreation system of parks
- Frances J. Mark Memorial Park, located in Clinton
- Friends' Park, also in Clinton
Communities and locations around Salt Point
- Netherwood—A location southwest of Salt Point.
- Pleasant Valley -- A hamlet southwest of Salt Point.
- Washington Hollow—A hamlet near the southeast town line. It was the former location of the Dutchess County Fair.
- Hibernia—A location east of Salt Point.