From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Salter, derived from Salt, meaning extractor or trader of salt (from the Middle Ages), is a surname or more rarely a first name, and may refer to:
- Albert Salter of Salter's Meridian fame
- Andrew Salter (1914–1996), U.S. psychotherapist.
- George Salter (1897-1967), US designer
- George Salter, (1834-1911) UK cricketer
- Hans J. Salter (1896–1994), American film composer.
- James Salter (born 1925), U.S. novelist
- James Arthur Salter (1881–1975), British politician and academic
- John William Salter (1820–1869), English naturalist and paleontologist
- June Salter (1932–2001), Australian actress.
- Lewis Salter (1926–1989), American physicist
- Mandy Salter fictional character in the BBC soap opera EastEnders
- Mark Salter, American speechwriter
- Mark Salter (born 1980), English footballer
- Martin Salter (born 1954), UK member of parliament
- Mary Jo Salter U.S. poet
- Michael Salter (born 1967) U.S. contemporary artist
- Richard Salter
- Robert B. Salter (1924–2010), Canadian pediatric orthopedic surgeon.
- Robert M. Salter, U.S. engineer for RAND
- Stephen Salter, Emeritus Professor of Engineering Design and inventor of the Salter duck
- Susanna M. Salter (1860–1961), U.S. politician, first woman mayor in the United States
- Thomas D. Salter (born 1959), U.S. entrepreneur, N.C. seafood magnate, waterfowl artifact collector and philanthropist
- Thomas R. Salter (born 1978), Fraternal Order of Masonry - Master Mason, U.S. Maritime Captain and N.C. business entrepreneur
- William Salter
- Worshipful Company of Salters, one of the Livery Companies of the City of London
- Salters Steamers, a boating company on the River Thames, England, founded by John and Stephen Salter
- Salter Brecknell, a manufacturer of light commercial weighing scales, part of Avery Weigh-Tronix
- Salter Housewares, a manufacturer of consumer weighing scales
|This page or section lists people with the surname Salter. If an internal link intending to refer to a specific person led you to this page, you may wish to change that link by adding the person's given name(s) to the link.|