Salumeria Rosi Parmacotto
|Salumeria Rosi Parmacotto|
|Current owner(s)||Gruppo Parmacotto and Cesare Casella|
|Chef||Chef Cesare Casella; Chef de Cuisine Will Hickox|
|Street address||903 Madison Avenue (between East 72nd Street and East 73rd Streets), on the Upper East Side, in Manhattan|
|Other locations||283 Amsterdam Avenue (near West 73rd Street), New York, NY 10023|
|Other information||No full bar, because under city rules it is considered too close to a church.|
Salumeria Rosi Parmacotto is an Italian restaurant located at 903 Madison Avenue (between East 72nd Street and East 73rd Street), a block north of the Ralph Lauren store on the Upper East Side in Manhattan, in New York City. It opened in September 2012.
The chef is Cesare Casella, originally from Lucca in Tuscany, and head of the Italian Culinary Academy. The chef de cuisine is Will Hickox. The Rosi family's Gruppo Parmacotto of Italy and Casella are partners in the restaurant.
The restaurant has a theatrical dining room, designed by Hollywood set designer Dante Ferretti, combining faux-Roman statues and peeling-paint Pompeii-like frescos with recessed spotlights, red walls, and modern white leather armchairs.
- Steve Cuozzo (October 16, 2012). "Steve Cuozzo reviews Salumeria Rosi Parmacotto". NYPOST.com. Retrieved January 24, 2013.
- Salumeria Rosi Parmacotto | Manhattan | Restaurant Menus and Reviews. Zagat. 2012. Retrieved January 24, 2013.
- Adam Platt. "Salumeria Rosi Parmacotto - Upper East Side - New York Magazine Restaurant Guide". Nymag.com. Retrieved January 24, 2013.
- "Salumeria Rosi Parmacotto Opens Upper East Side Location". Dnainfo.com. Retrieved January 24, 2013.
- Casey, Nell (September 17, 2012). "Salumeria Rosi Opens Second Location, Now On Upper East Side". Gothamist. Retrieved January 24, 2013.
- "Salumeria Rosi Parmacotto Il Ristorante | 903 Madison Ave | Restaurants". Time Out New York. October 16, 2012. Retrieved January 24, 2013.
- Fabricant, Florence (September 4, 2012). "Restaurants Opening in Early September". The New York Times.