|Salvador H. Escudero III|
|Member of the Philippine House of Representatives from Sorsogon's First District|
June 30, 2007 – 13 August 2012
June 30, 1987 – June 30, 1998
|Born||Salvador Hatoc Escudero III
December 18, 1942
Casiguran, Sorsogon, Philippines
|Died||August 13, 2012
Arlington Memorial Chapel, Quezon City, Philippines
|Political party||Nationalist People's Coalition|
|Children||Francis "Chiz" Escudero|
Salvador H. Escudero III (December 18, 1942 – August 13, 2012) was a Filipino politician. He was Minister of Food and Agriculture from 1984 to 1986; and Secretary of Agriculture from 1996 to 1998. He was a Member of the House of Representatives from 1987 to 1998; and from 2007 up until his death in 2012. His son is sitting senator Francis Escudero.
Born Salvador Hatoc Escudero III on December 18, 1942 in Casiguran, Sorsogon. Sonny was the 3rd generation politician of the Escudero clan. His grandfather, Salvador C. Escudero Sr. was former Councilor/Mayor/Provincial board member/Governor of Sorsogon. His father, Salvador Escudero, Jr. was former mayor/Provincial board member of Casiguran, Sorsogon. His son, Francis Escudero, whose former Congressman of 1st District of Sorsogon (1998-2007) turned incumbent Senator (2007–present).
He was married to educator Evelina B. Guevara with 3 children.
- Veterinary Medicine - University of the Philippines Diliman Quezon City (1963)
- Tropical Veterinary Medicine - University of Queensland, Australia (1968)
- Organization and Management - University of the Philippines (1969)
- Director of UP Veterinary Hospital (1968-1969)
- Dean and Professor of College of Veterinary Medicine, University of the Philippines, Los Baños, Laguna (1970-1984)
- Director of Bureau of Animal Industry (1975-1984)
- Assistant Minister of Ministry of Food and Agriculture (1980-1984)
- Minister of Ministry of Food and Agriculture (1984-1986)
- Representative of Batasang Pambansa (1984-1986)
- Secretary of Agriculture (1984-1986, Marcos administration; 1996-1998, Ramos administration)
- Representative of 1st District of Sorsogon (June 30, 1987 – June 30, 1998; June 30, 2007 – August 13, 2012)
Sonny Escudero did not finish his term that was expected to end by 2013 because he died of colon cancer. Sonny died on August 13, 2012. He was 69 years old. Escudero’s body lies in state in the main chapel of Mt. Carmel Church on Broadway Avenue and 5th Street in New Manila, Quezon City. It will be taken to the House of Representatives on Wednesday for necrological services that will start at 9 a.m. Senator Escudero said a final wake would be held on Thursday through Saturday in the family’s hometown in Sorsogon City. “His remains will be transported back to Quezon City on Sunday morning,” Escudero said. A Mass will be held at the Arlington Memorial Chapel on Araneta Avenue, Quezon City, where Escudero’s remains will be cremated. His ashes will be taken to the columbary at the Christ the King Parish on E. Rodriguez Sr. Avenue in Quezon City.
- Escudero, Salvador III H. at the House of Representatives website