||This article appears to be written like an advertisement. (August 2013)|
||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guidelines for companies and organizations. (August 2013)|
|Type||Gesellschaft mit beschränkter Haftung|
|Industry||Applied Research, Research and Development, Consulting|
|Key people||Managing director: Siegfried Reich|
|Owner(s)||State of Salzburg|
|Employees||75 (March 2013)|
Salzburg Research Forschungsgesellschaft mbH is a research and technology organisation (RTO), located in Salzburg, Austria. The research technology organisation specializes in applied research and development in the field of information and communication technologies (ICT) and New Media.
In 1996, the Telekom Research Center of Salzburg’s University of Applied Sciences and the Institute for Information Economics and New Media merged into the Techno-Z Forschungs- und Entwicklungs GmbH. Back then, the center’s research topics already revolved around interdisciplinary and varied issues dealing with information and communication technologies.
On January 19, 2000 the State of Salzburg became the sole owner of the research organisation, turning it into the “Salzburg Research Forschungsgesellschaft”.
Research departments and projects
The Research Departments focus on the Future Internet:
- ANC - Advanced Networking Center
- MOWI - Mobile and Web-based Information Technologies
- CLL - Computational Logistics Lab
- KMT - Knowledge and Media Technologies
- iLab - Innovation Lab
Salzburg Research is involved in several projects funded by the EU Framework Programmes for Research and Technological Development - some examples:
- IDIRA develops a system of technologies and guidelines for optimal resource planning and operations across national and organisational borders in case of disasters;
- IKS develops an open source stack for knowledge management, broadens the reach of semantic CMS technology and serves as a collaboration and software development hub for the semantic CMS community;
- iCardea develops an intelligent platform to automate and personalise the follow-up of the cardiac patients with implantable devices.
Furthermore, Salzburg Research co-ordinated the Competence Center Salzburg NewMediaLab (SNML) (2000-2013) in the area of New Media, and ANET (2006-2009) and e-motion (2009-2011) in the field of e-Tourism.
- Homepage Salzburg Research Forschungsgesellschaft
- Publications der Salzburg Research Forschungsgesellschaft
- Partner organisations of Salzburg Research
- Annual Report + Knowledge Balance 2010 (German)
- IDIRA project: Interoperability of data and procedures in large-scale multinational disaster response actions
- IKS - Interactive Knowledge Stack
- iCardea - An intelligent Platform for Personalized Remote Monitoring of the Cardiac Patients with Electronic Implant Devices