|This article does not cite any references or sources. (December 2009)|
|Country of origin||United States|
Sam's Choice is a private label brand created by Cott Beverages for Wal-Mart discount stores, supercenters, and neighborhood markets. The brand was introduced as "Sam's American Choice" in 1991 and has since been shortened to simply "Sam's Choice". It is named after Sam Walton, the founder of Wal-Mart. Items produced under the Sam's Choice label primarily are grocery items.
Wal-Mart also markets a type of carbonated water similar to soda under the Sam's American Choice label, although the word American has been phased out. Called "Clear American", it comes in a variety of fruit flavors (such as Black Cherry and Key Lime). Its name was derived from (but is unrelated to) a popular non-Wal-Mart brand called Clearly Canadian, the historical market leader in the sparkling water segment.
More recently, the brand has expanded from mainly beverages to several other items. Recent additions include Sam's Choice coffee and Sam's Choice Black Angus hamburger patties as well as Sam's Choice pizzas.
It should also be noted that Wal-Mart has another "Sam's Choice" type company of its own under the name Great Value, which caters to a number of different products ranging from bleach to beef jerky.
All varieties are available in 2-liter bottles. Some varieties are available in 12oz cans, 8oz cans, 12oz bottles, 16.9oz bottles and 20oz bottles
- Cola (in various varieties, including diet, cherry, and diet caffeine free; clone of Coca-Cola, Pepsi)
- Twist-Up (lemon-lime; clone of 7 Up, Sprite, Sierra Mist)
- Mountain Lightning (formerly Green Lightning; clone of Mountain Dew)
- Dr. Thunder (formerly Southern Lightning; also available in diet; clone of Dr Pepper)
- Root Beer
- Ginger Ale
- Fruit Punch (clone of Hawaiian Punch)
- Red Tornado (red cream soda ; clone of Big Red)
- Cream Soda (clone of A&W Cream Soda)
Kid's Choice 8oz. bottles
- Bubble Gum (blue-colored)
- Fruit Punch
- Ice Cream (regular & premium)
- Pizza (regular & thin crust, e.g. buffalo chicken)
- Bottled water
- Clear American
- Plastic wrap
- Trail mix
|This product article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This soft drink-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|