Sam Barlow High School
|Sam Barlow High School|
|5105 SE 302nd Avenue
Gresham, Oregon, Multnomah County, 97080
|School district||Gresham-Barlow School District|
|Number of students||1754|
|Color(s)||Blue and gold |
|Athletics conference||OSAA Mt. Hood Conference 6A-3|
Sam Barlow High School is a public high school in Gresham, Oregon, United States in the Gresham-Barlow School District. It was named for the Oregon pioneer Sam Barlow. Barlow is home to a teacher from Wales named Stephen Corkett who received the University of Oregon's high school teacher of the year award.
Sam Barlow High School first opened in September 1968 in its present location at 302nd street and Lusted Road east of Gresham, Oregon.
In 2013, 85% of the school's seniors received their high school diploma. Of 400 students, 340 graduated, 40 dropped out, 6 received a modified diploma, and 13 are still in high school. Barlow's students have been filling AP classes and nailing AP exams at such a high rate that the College Board named the Gresham-Barlow School District to its fourth-annual Advanced Placement District Honor Roll. Just three districts in Oregon received the honor.
- Girls Vollayball: 1987, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996
- Boys Track and Field: 1999, 2008
- Boys Wrestling: 1980, 1981
- Boys Football: 1980, 1981, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1986, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2012, 2013
- Brian Burres - Major League Baseball pitcher, Pittsburgh Pirates 
- Fred Jones - Former National Basketball Association shooting guard
- Eric Matthews - musician
- Mike Pierce - professional Mixed Martial Arts fighter, currently competing in the UFC
- Mike Ekstrom - Major League Baseball pitcher, Tampa Bay Rays
- Dave Jansen - Mixed Martial Arts fighter Bellator
- "Oregon School Directory 2008-09". Oregon Department of Education. p. 139. Retrieved 2009-05-28.
- Green, Aimee (2010-02-03). "MySpace conversation about shooting up Barlow High leads jury to find ex-students guilty of disorderly conduct". The Oregonian. Retrieved 2010-02-09.
- "State releases high school graduation rates". The Oregonian. 2009-06-30. Retrieved 2009-07-01.
- "Oregon dropout rates for 2008". The Oregonian. 2009-06-30. Retrieved 2009-07-01.
- "Your Schools". The Oregonian. 2013. Retrieved 2014-04-16.
- "Gresham-Barlow School District honored for promoting Advanced Placement classes for high-performing students". The Oregonian. 2014-01-20. Retrieved 2014-04-16.