Chichester, West Sussex, England
Callis grew up in Haslemere, Surrey and attended Camelsdale Primary School, Midhurst Intermediate School and Midhurst Grammar School. Callis trained at the London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art. He has had roles in London's Burning where he played Adam Benjamin and in Ultimate Force as Captain Patrick Fleming. He played Doctor Mike Banner in The Royal until he left in 2007 to join the cast of The Bill. He has made appearances in Holby City and Doctor Who.
Callis has also acted in some films. In Kidulthood he played a security guard, in Spanish TV Movie Trance he played Nick, in Capital Punishment he played Russell Blake and he starred in Shrink as Max.
After The Bill was cancelled in 2010, Callis directed a short film called Inside Run. The short film starred his former The Bill co-star Andrew Lancel as a prison officer and was shown at the BFI London Film Festival in October 2010. More recently he directed another short film, Viking also staring Andrew Lancel.
Callis played the role of Stensgard in the UK premiere of Henrik Ibsen's The League of Youth at Nottingham Playhouse in May 2011. In 2012 he appeared in the Noël Coward play Hay Fever at the Noël Coward Theatre and as Jack Worthing in The Importance of Being Earnest at Nottingham Playhouse.
He met his wife Osmin during his time on London's Burning and the couple reside in London. In December 2008, he became a father for the first time with the birth of his daughter. He also has a son. His brother, Ben Callis,  is a film director 
|Gold Cloak||Game of Thrones||2011|
|Sean Foster||Holby City||2011|
|Callum Stone||The Bill||2007-10|
|Dr Mike Banner||The Royal||2007|
|Captain Patrick Fleming||Ultimate Force||2006|
|Dave Stainford||Holby City||2005|
|Security Guard||Doctor Who||2005|
|Karl Radford||The Bill||2004|
|Adam Benjamin||London's Burning||2001-02|
|Trevor Lake||Holby City||2001|
|2003||Capital Punishment||Actor||Played Russell Blake|
|2006||Kidulthood||Actor||Played Security Guard|
|Stensgard||The League of Youth||2011|
|Sandy Tyrell||Hay Fever||2012|
|Jack Worthing||The Importance of Being Earnest||2012|
- "The LAMADA Prospectus" (PDF). United Kingdom: LAMADA. Retrieved 10 February 2010.[dead link]
- "London's Burning Cast and Crew". United Kingdom: TV.com. Retrieved 10 February 2010.
- "Red-Hot Recruit". United Kingdom: The Sun. 20 January 2001. Retrieved 10 February 2010.
- "Ultimate Force". United Kingdom: ITV. Retrieved 10 February 2010.
- "Sam Callis interview". United Kingdom: ITV. 21 August 2007. Retrieved 10 February 2010.[dead link]
- "No plans to cut down The Bill". United Kingdom: The Bill. Retrieved 10 February 2010.
- "Close Friends and Family Only – 54th BFI London Film Festival". BFI.org. Retrieved 7 December 2010.[dead link]
- "Viking". Retrieved 2015-03-13.
- Billington, Michael (17 May 2011). "The League of Youth – review". The Guardian. Retrieved 18 May 2011.
- Shenton, Mark (27 February 2012). "The Stage / Reviews / Hay Fever". The Stage. Retrieved 14 March 2012.[dead link]
- "Nottingham Playhouse Theatre Company to Present THE IMPORTANCE OF BEING EARNEST". Nottingham Playhouse Theatre Company. Retrieved 28 October 2012.
- "Sam Callis and Melanie Gutteridge". United Kingdom: OK! Magazine. 15 April 2008. Retrieved 10 February 2010.
- "Ben Callis IMDb". Retrieved 2015-03-13.
- "Holby City". BBC Online. BBC. Retrieved 4 July 2011.