|Full name||Samuel Paul Cowler|
|Date of birth||26 October 1992|
|Place of birth||Colchester, England|
|–2009||Frinton & Walton YFC|
|2009–2012||West Ham United|
|2009||→ Wycombe Wanderers (loan)|
|2011||→ Queens Park Rangers (loan)|
|2011||→ Yeovil Town (loan)|
|2012||→ Barnet (loan)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 13:00, 4 August 2014 (UTC).
† Appearances (Goals).
Cowler played for Frinton & Walton YFC before signing a youth scholarship with West Ham United in 2009. He then spent time on loan with the youth teams of Wycombe Wanderers, Queens Park Rangers, Yeovil Town and Barnet before being released in May 2012, his only appearance in a first team squad coming when he was on the bench for a Football League Cup game against Aldershot Town on 24 August 2011. Having previously spent time on loan in their youth team, in June 2012 he signed for Barnet. Cowler made his debut for Barnet on 29 September 2012 in a 2–1 away defeat to Fleetwood Town, coming on as a 24th minute replacement for Ahmed Abdulla as a result of first choice goalkeeper Graham Stack being sent off.
In July 2013, Cowler announced his departure from Barnet on Twitter, as he wanted first-team football and was unable to displace the reliable Graham Stack as first choice. The following month, he signed for Bishop's Stortford on a one-year deal.
Cowler re-joined Barnet on a one-year deal on 4 August 2014, once again as backup to Stack.
- "Search 1761 to 2006 – Birth, Marriage and Death indexes". Findmypast.com. Retrieved 2012-09-30.
- "Six players depart". www.whufc.com. Retrieved 25 August 2012.
- West Ham 1–2 Aldershot
- "Barnet sign goalkeeper Sam Cowler from West Ham United". BBC Sport. Retrieved 25 August 2012.
- "Fleetwood 2-1 Barnet". BBC Sport. Retrieved 30 September 2012.
- Cowler leaves Bees in search of first-team football
- Vassell bags winner for Blues against Leiston
- Cowler returns to the Bees