Foley playing for Newport County in 2012
|Full name||Samuel Robert Foley|
|Date of birth||17 October 1986|
|Place of birth||St Albans, Hertfordshire, England|
|Height||6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)|
|2008||→ Bath City (loan)||6||(2)|
|2008||→ Redditch United (loan)||7||(2)|
|2009||→ Newport County (loan)||14||(4)|
|2014||→ Shrewsbury Town (loan)||9||(0)|
|Republic of Ireland U18|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 17:37, 25 April 2015 (UTC).
† Appearances (Goals).
Foley was invited to join Cheltenham Town youth team as a trainee by Mike Davis, youth team manager and during the same season was selected to represent the Repbulic of Ireland at Under 18 level. Sam was rewarded with a two-year professional contract in 2006 but never made a first team appearance partly due to an injury and a change of manager.
In June 2009, Foley was signed by manager Dean Holdsworth for Newport County then in the Conference South, initially on a loan basis before signing a permanent contract. Foley was immediately a regular in the team, filling all midfield and forward roles at various times but mostly as a supporting striker alongside Craig Reid. In the 2009–10 season Newport County were crowned Conference South champions with a record 103 points, 28 points ahead of second placed Dover Athletic. Sam scored both goals in the 2–0 win over Havant & Waterlooville that secured promotion for Newport County to the Conference Premier. On 12 May 2012, Foley played for Newport in the FA Trophy Final at Wembley Stadium which Newport lost 2–0 to York City. At the end of the 2011–12 season Foley's contract at Newport expired and he was offered a new contract but chose to move on.
On 29 May 2012, it was announced Foley would sign for Football League One side Yeovil Town on a one-year contract on the expiry of his current deal on 1 July 2012. On 14 August 2012, Foley made his Yeovil debut in the Football League Cup against Colchester United in a 3–0 victory, and scored his first competitive goal for the side on 4 September 2012 in a Football League Trophy match away at Bristol Rovers. On 19 May 2013, Foley played in the 2013 League One play-off Final as Yeovil beat Brentford 2–1 to secure promotion to the Football League Championship.
On 7 March 2014, Foley joined League One side Shrewsbury Town on on an initial month's loan. After making 9 appearances for Shrewsbury Town on loan, Foley was recalled by Yeovil Town on 16 April 2014.
- As of 25 April 2015.
|Club||Season||League||FA Cup||League Cup||Other||Total|
|Cheltenham Town||2006–07||League One||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|Bath City (loan)||2007–08||Conference South||6||2||0||0||—||1[a]||0||7||2|
|Kidderminster Harriers||2008–09||Conference Premier||0||0||0||0||—||0||0||0||0|
|Redditch United (loan)||2008–09||Conference North||7||2||0||0||—||0||0||7||2|
|Newport County (loan)||2008–09||Conference South||14||4||0||0||—||0||0||14||4|
|Newport County||2009–10||Conference South||38||17||2||0||—||4[b]||0||44||17|
|Yeovil Town||2012–13||League One||41||5||1||0||2||0||7[c]||2||51||7|
|Shrewsbury Town (loan)||2012–13||League One||9||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||9||0|
- "Harriers sign on four trialists". BBC Sport. 5 August 2008. Retrieved 17 April 2014.
- "Yeovil Town sign Marsh-Brown, Foley and Hinds". BBC Sport. 29 May 2012.
- "Yeovil 3–0 Colchester". BBC Sport. 14 August 2012. Retrieved 14 August 2012.
- "Bristol Rovers 0–3 Yeovil". BBC Sport. 4 September 2012. Retrieved 17 April 2014.
- "Brentford 1–2 Yeovil". BBC Sport. 19 May 2013. Retrieved 20 May 2013.
- "Shrewsbury Town: Andy Morell and Yeovil's Sam Foley join". BBC Sport. 7 March 2014. Retrieved 7 March 2014.
- "Shrewsbury Town: Sam Foley recalled and Dave McAllister out". BBC Sport. 16 April 2014. Retrieved 17 April 2014.
- "Games played by Sam Foley in 2012/2013". Soccerbase. Retrieved 6 April 2015.
- "Games played by Sam Foley in 2013/2014". Soccerbase. Retrieved 6 April 2015.
- "Games played by Sam Foley in 2014/2015". Soccerbase. Retrieved 6 April 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sam Foley.|