Jaeger at the Paleyfest 2013
|Born||Samuel Heath Jaeger
January 29, 1977
Perrysburg, Ohio, U.S.
|Occupation||Film, television actor|
Samuel Heath "Sam" Jaeger (born January 29, 1977) is an American actor and screenwriter.
Life and career
Jaeger was born in Perrysburg, Ohio, the son of LeAnne (née Graening) and Charles Jaeger. He is the youngest of four children. He graduated from Perrysburg High School in 1995 and in 1999, he received a Bachelor of Fine Arts Degree at Otterbein College. Following his graduation, Jaeger worked in a casting office in New York. He married actress Amber Marie Mellott on August 25, 2007, whom he met at Otterbein College. He has a son Gus born in 2010 and a stepdaughter.
Jaeger started his acting career while still in college, with a small guest role in New York-based TV series Law & Order (1990). He also acted on several theater stages in New York before moving to Los Angeles and Hollywood to act in full length movies. His career gained speed when he managed to get roles in well known feature films as Traffic (2000) and Behind Enemy Lines (2001). After that he played a lead character against Bruce Willis and Colin Farrell in Hart's War (2002). In 2009, Jaeger landed the role of Joel Graham in NBC's television series Parenthood, which premiered in 2010. He wrote, directed, and starred with his wife in the 2011 film Take Me Home.
- American Sniper (2015)
- Inherent Vice (2014)
- Her (2013)
- Miss Dial (2013)
- Take Me Home (2011 film)
- Friday Night Lights
- Parenthood (TV series), Series Regular; 2009–present
- Eli Stone (2008) (TV series)
- Breaking Down Carla (2007)
- Lucky Number Slevin (2006)
- Catch and Release (2006)
- S.C.R.E.W.D. (2006) (short film)
- Commander in Chief (episode "Ties That Bind")
- The Riverman (2004) (TV)
- NYPD Blue (episode "Passing the Stone")
- Advantage Hart (2003)
- Hart's War (2002)
- Blood Work (2002)
- CSI: Crime Scene Investigation (episode "Lucky Strike")
- Scrubs (episode "My Philosophy")
- The West Wing (episode "In This White House")
- Ben and Kate (Pilot pre-air)
- Thompson, Matt (May 20, 2013). "TV actor Sam Jaeger, a Perrysburg native, returns to hometown". Toledo Blade. Retrieved November 29, 2013.
- Milly, Jenna Milly (August 1, 2011). "Q&A: Parenthood Actor is a Triple Threat in Take Me Home". Script Mag. Retrieved November 13, 2013.
- "Sam Jaeger - Sam I Am". C Magazine. Retrieved November 29, 2013.
- MySA.com: Celebrations
- Schafer, Jenny (February 25, 2010). "Sam Jaeger & Wife Expecting Baby No. 1". Celebrity Baby Scoop. Retrieved November 29, 2013.
- Adamick, Mike (May 17, 2010). "Q&A: Sam Jaeger from "Parenthood"". San Francisco Chronicle. Retrieved November 29, 2013.
- "More stars join NBC's 'Parenthood'". HitFix. April 20, 2009. Retrieved November 29, 2009.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sam Jaeger.|