Crushpath CEO and co-founder Sam Lawrence
January 29, 1970 |
Syracuse, New York
|Residence||San Francisco, CA|
|Occupation||CEO at Crushpath|
|Known for||Jive Software, Crushpath|
Sam Lawrence (born January 29, 1970) is an American entrepreneur recognized as an innovator in the social software industry. He has founded and led several Internet companies, including Jive Software, where he was the founding CMO, and Crushpath, a free marketing platform, where he is currently CEO and co-founder.
Early life and education
Sam grew up in Syracuse, New York in a Jewish family. He moved to Austin, Texas at age 10 and attended Johnston High School where he worked summers washing dishes, stuffing envelopes, and working concessions at a movie theater in order to save for his first car, a replica of a 1932 Bugatti Roadster. He later attended Texas University and was a bartender at the Hyatt, where he met Matthew McConaughey. Sam introduced McConaughey to a casting director named Don Philips, who cast him in his first movie, Dazed and Confused. Sam attended the University of Arizona for graduate school, where he discovered Kermit and Telnet which started his addiction to the Internet. He dropped out of the program to pursue his own Internet-based company.
Sam joined a small discussion forum company, Jive Software in 2005 when Web 2.0 tools were emerging in the consumer space. As CMO he led the product strategy direction for an Enterprise-class Enterprise 2.0 suite, and ultimately positioned, and relaunched the company building and leading what became known as the Social Business Software category. Jive Software was named a leader in three Gartner Magic Quadrants and had its IPO in December, 2011 (NASDAQ: JIVE).
Following Jive, Sam co-founded San Francisco based Crushpath in April 2011 with Matt Wilkinson (SVP of Products), former VP of Product Development for Socialcast and Dave Hersh, former CEO of Jive Software. Crushpath is a free online marketing platform that allows users to create a unique pitch, share their work, and get it into the world.
Crushpath is funded by Social + Capital and Charles River Ventures with investments from Phil Fernandez (CEO, Marketo), Aaron Levie (CEO, Box), Dave Hersh (former CEO, Jive Software) and has Phil Libin (CEO, Evernote) on its Advisory Board.
Sam has two sons, and lives in the San Francisco Bay Area with his wife, April Lawrence.
Speaking and contributed writing
Awards and recognition
Sam was named an Invesp Top 100 Influential Marketer in 2008 and 2009.
- Turoczy, Rick (2008-04-11). "Is Jive CMO Sam Lawrence the next Robert Scoble? « Silicon Florist". Siliconflorist.com. Retrieved 2013-01-09.
- from Radu43 4 years ago (2008-04-28). "Sam Lawrence CMO Jive Software views on Social Media on Vimeo". Vimeo.com. Retrieved 2013-01-09.
- "Jive Software - Management, Board of Directors and Advisors". Venturebeatprofiles.com. Retrieved 2013-01-09.
- Tomio Geron (2012-04-18). "Crushpath Visualizes Path To Sales Domination". Forbes. Retrieved 2013-01-09.
- May 16, 2012 (2012-05-16). "Matthew McConaughey on director Richard Linklater, 'Dazed and Confused' and 'Bernie' - Chicago Tribune". Articles.chicagotribune.com. Retrieved 2013-01-09.
- "Sam Lawrence | LeWeb'12 London". London.leweb.co. Retrieved 2013-01-09.
- "Sam Lawrence". LinkedIn. Retrieved 2013-01-09.
- Richard MacManus (2011-10-10). "ReadWrite – Contest: What Does The Term Web 2.0 Mean To You Today?". Readwrite.com. Retrieved 2013-01-09.
- Sam Lawrence (2011-12-13). "VatorNews - Jive Software IPO debuts with a 27 pop". Vator.tv. Retrieved 2013-01-09.
- Howlett, Dennis (2012-06-19). "Crushpath: rethinking team sales engagement and enablement". ZDNet. Retrieved 2013-01-09.
- "Sam Lawrence & Matt Wilkinson Crushpath - LeWeb London 2012 - Plenary 1". YouTube. 2012-06-20. Retrieved 2013-01-09.
- Mike Rogoway, The Oregonian. "Jive Software alumni launch another company - Crushpath, based in San Francisco". OregonLive.com. Retrieved 2013-01-09.
- Tuesday, June 19th, 2012 (2012-06-19). "Crushpath Gets $2M To Help Salespeople Seal The Deal: Charles River Ventures And More Are Backing". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2013-01-09.
- Brian, Matt (2012-06-19). "Crushpath Launches, Lands $2M". Thenextweb.com. Retrieved 2013-01-09.
- Liyakasa, Kelly (2012-06-19). "Crushpath Launches Play-By-Play Platform for Salespeople - CRM Magazine". Destinationcrm.com. Retrieved 2013-01-09.
- Mary Jo Bowling. "A San Francisco Home That's Urban and Unusual | California Home + Design". Californiahomedesign.com. Retrieved 2013-01-09.
- Sam. "You Make Big Happen". Go Big Always. Retrieved 2013-01-09.
- Krigsman, Michael (2008-06-13). "Jive's Sam Lawrence on Enterprise 2.0: "It's a buzzword" [podcast". ZDNet. Retrieved 2013-01-09.
- "Top 100 Marketers of 2008 100 to 50 | 2008". Invesp.com. 2006-02-21. Retrieved 2013-01-09.