|Full name||Sam Lonergan|
|Date of birth||26 March 1987|
|Place of birth||Launceston, Tasmania|
|Original team||Launceston (TSL)
Tassie Mariners (TAC Cup)
Tasmanian Devils (VFL)
|Draft||50th overall, 2005
|Height/Weight||182 cm / 81 kg|
1 Playing statistics correct to end of 2013 season.
Sam Lonergan (born 26 March 1987), was a player with the Essendon and Richmond football clubs in the Australian Football League. He was drafted from the Launceston Blues, via the Tassie Mariners U18s and the Tasmanian Devils, with selection 50 in the 2005 Draft.
Lonergan captained the Allies (a composite team drawn from Tasmania, New South Wales, Queensland, the Australian Capital Territory and the Northern Territory), against Victoria during Grand Final week. In that game, he kicked five goals and was the leading possession winner on the ground. He also became the first player in the history of the Tassie Mariners U18s to win successive best and fairest awards. He also played eight games in 2005 for the Tasmanian Devils Football Club in the VFL competition.
Lonergan was chosen as Tasmania's most valuable player at the under-18 championships in 2005, and won the Tassie Mariners U18 Best & Fairest award that same year. He was also chosen in the under-18 All-Australian side.
Lonergan was picked up by Richmond in the 2012 Rookie draft, played two games for the club in 2013 and retired at the end of that year. Lonergan also supported Richmond while growing up.
|Totals||Averages (per game)|
- "Bombers Axe Two". AFL. Retrieved 30 October 2012.
- "Richmond list changes - richmondfc.com.au". 30 October 2013. Retrieved 30 October 2013.
- "Sam Lonergan statistics". AFL Tables. Retrieved 8 October 2012.
- "Sam Lonergan of the Essendon Bombers Career AFL Stats". footywire.com. Retrieved 8 October 2012.
- Sam Lonergan's profile on the official website of the Richmond Football Club
- Sam Lonergan's statistics from AFL Tables