Milby in April 2010
|Born||Samuel Lloyd Lacia Milby
May 23, 1984
Troy, Ohio, United States
|Occupation||Actor, Model, Singer|
Samuel Lloyd Lacia Milby was born in Troy, Ohio in the United States, the youngest child of Elsie Lacia, from Tago, Surigao del Sur, and Lloyd William Milby, an entrepreneur from Dayton, Ohio. Milby was raised in Tipp City, Ohio. From age 9, he trained and lived with his ice-skating coach, and was home schooled until he was 15. He competed in numerous major ice skating competitions, including the Junior Nationals. He and his skating partner of 4 years won silver and other awards in the course of his serious skating stint.
Returning to the Philippines in 2005, Milby decided to seriously pursue a career in show business and modeling. He landed bit roles in some ads before obtaining a lead role in Close Up's TV commercial with Barbie Almalbis. He subsequently joined Pinoy Big Brother, which featured 12 men and women from different walks of life; Milby was not one of the original 12, but joined the cast when one of the contestants left the house for family reasons. After this, he became into an actor and recording artist and signed up a contract with ABS-CBN. His first major film debut was Close to You, produced by ABS-CBN subsidiary Star Cinema and co-starring John Lloyd Cruz and Bea Alonzo.
In early 2006, Milby released a self-titled debut album. He did a concert titled "Heartthrobs" at the Music Museum on February 2 and 3, 2007. It had its repeat on March 17, 2007 following the big success of the first concert. He did his first major solo concert dubbed as Sam Milby: Rockoustic Heartthrob at the Aliw Theater on October 25, 2008. He also did several concerts in USA, Canada, Asia, and Europe.
In 2012, Milby spent three months in the United States, taking part in auditions in New York. He also performed in concerts and tours, playing Lazarus for one night in the Broadway musical Godspell, and guest-starring in Anna Maria´s Benefit Concert in New York with Anna Maria´s Godspell costars Corbin Bleu, Wallace Smith, Nick Blaemire, Eric Krop, and George Salazar.
Milby took part in the Cannes Film Festival in 2013, where the Adolf Alexis movie "Death March", in which he had acted, was nominated in Un Certain Regard section.
- Sam Milby (2006, Star Records)
- Love Duets (2009, Star Records; collaboration with Toni Gonzaga)
- A Little Too Perfect (2009, Star Records)
- Be Mine (2011, Star Records)
- 2006, "Langit Na Naman", on Hotsilog: The ASAP Hotdog Compilation
- 2007, "You and I," "Can't Cry Hard Enough," "In Love with You", on Maging Sino Ka Man Soundtrack
- 2012, "After All" on "A Beautiful Affair OST"
- 2014, "And I Love You So", "Chasing Cars" on Star Cinema (20th Year Commemorative Album)
- Best New Male Artist - 2006 19th Aliw Awards
- Most Promising Male Singer - 2006 Guillermo Awards
- Best New TV Male Personality - 2006 PMPC Star Awards for TV
- New Movie Actor - 2006 PMPC Star Awards for Movies for "You Are The One"
- Pop Movie Themesong & Pop Screen Kiss - 2006 ASAP Pop Viewers Awards for Movie for "You Are The One" with Toni Gonzaga
- Top 10 Most Admired Male Personality - 2006 Anak TV Seal Award
- Prince of Philippines Movies - 2007 Guillermo Awards for "You Are The One"
- Top 10 Most Admired Male Personality - 2007 Anak TV Seal Award
- Pop Best Movie Screen Kiss - 2007 ASAP Pop Viewers Choice Awards for "You Got Me"
- Most Chandon Sparkling Couple of the Night - 2008 2nd Star Magic Ball with Anne Curtis
- Best Actor and Male Performing Artist - 2009 Dangal ng Bayan Awards
- Pop Pin Up Boy and Pop Movie Love team (with Anne Curtis) - 6th Asap Pop Viewers Choice Awards 2010
- Best Ballad Recording with album producer Jonathan Manalo for the song "Hindi Kita Iiwan" (Be Mine album ) - 25th Awit Awards