15 March 1978 |
|Education||Bachelor of Arts with Honours
University of Leeds, West Yorkshire, England & Post Graduate Certificate in Education. Huddersfield University, England
Sam Shearon (born 15 March 1978), also known under the pseudonym Mister-Sam and credited as published also sometimes as Mister Sam Shearon is an English dark artist born in Liverpool, England. Specialising in horror and science-fiction, his work often includes elements inspired by vintage tales of monsters and madmen, dark futures, post apocalyptic genres and classic literature including H.P.Lovecraft's The Call of Cthulhu, Oscar Wilde's The Picture of Dorian Gray and the modern classics Clive Barker's Hellraiser and the Books of Blood all of which he has fully illustrated.
Shearon's main influences stem from ancient cultures, the occult, industrial/art/revolution-eras, the supernatural, the paranormal, cryptozoology and the unexplained. Shearon has created covers for comic books and graphic novels including Clive Barker's HELLRAISER, Judge Dredd, The X-Files, Mars Attacks, 30 Days of Night, Angel, KISS, and Clive Barker's Books of Blood and album sleeve artwork and merchandise designs for some of the biggest names in rock music, such as Godhead, Ministry, Rob Zombie, Iron Maiden, A Pale Horse Named Death, Powerman 5000, Biohazard, American Head Charge, Rammstein, Jason Charles Miller, Fear Factory and Kill Devil Hill.
Shearon studied at the University of Leeds in the College of Art & Design, West Yorkshire, England. He was awarded a Bachelor of Arts Degree with Honours in 2000 for Visual Communication. Shortly after, he went on to become a qualified Art teacher gaining a Post Graduate Certificate in Education from Huddersfield University. His first solo exhibition entitled "A Walk on the Darkside" in 2003, featured forty five pieces of his original artwork including 6-foot-tall (1.8 m) demonic statues, biomechanical monsters and giant canvases depicting images of horror and the macabre. The exhibition was featured in various national newspapers including The Daily Telegraph as well as BBC Radio One and live interviews on BBC Radio Leeds North. The show attracted protests and boycotts over its inclusion of animal bones, and the mutilation and disembowelment of children's toys, but the show was extended to six weeks due to popular demand.
His work has been described by the British press as "bizarre", "grotesque" "gruesome", and "groundbreaking". Shearon is known for his work in the field of cryptozoology, most notably for compiling artists impressions, of the Beast of Lytham from eyewitness accounts. Shearon's cryptozoological art was on display at the 2005 Weird Weekend, an annual conference at the Centre for Fortean Zoology. His work can be found in publications of the Fortean Times, Paranormal Magazine as well as the cover artwork for IDW Comics for the Angel series, 30 Days of Night, The X-Files, Alan Roberts Wire Hangers, H.P.Lovecraft's The Call of Cthulhu, KISS, Mars Attacks, Judge Dredd, Hellraiser and Clive Barker's Books of Bloodand also horror magazine Fangoria's Trinity of Terrors. Shearon provided cover art for the official collectors programme to a Halloween weekend event featuring the rock/metal band Slipknot depicting a portrayal of their lead singer Corey Taylor.
Shearon has created artwork for a variety of rock and metal music related clients including Jason Charles Miller, Godhead: At the Edge of the World, Mina Caputo, Ryan Oldcastle, HIM, Shane Gibson's stOrk featuring Thomas Lang, A Pale Horse Named Death – featuring members of both Type O Negative and Life of Agony, Iron Maiden, Fear Factory, Rammstein, Biohazard, Black Water Rising, Ministry, Kill Devil Hill, Powerman 5000, American Head Charge and Rob Zombie. Shearon's artwork can also be found in the form of graphics on the bodies of guitars, carry cases, drum skins and merchandise. Clients include Pro Tone Pedals, Coffin Case, ESP Guitars, Dean Guitars and Schecter Guitar Research.
- 2008: Godhead – At the Edge of the World
- 2008: Keith Caputo – Dass Berdache
- 2008: Ryan Oldcastle – Patience Seeds
- 2009: Black Water Rising – Black Water Rising
- 2009: Godhead – The Early Years
- 2010: Rob Zombie – Hellbilly Deluxe 2
- 2010: stOrk – stOrk
- 2010: A Pale Horse Named Death – And Hell Will Follow Me
- 2011: Indestructible Noise Command – Heaven Sent... Hellbound
- 2011: PLUG-IN – HIJACK
- 2011: Crowned By Fire – Prone To Destroy
- 2012: Jason Charles Miller- Uncountry
- 2012: Biohazard – Reborn in Defiance
- 2012: September Mourning – Melancholia
- 2012: WRENCH – Dry Heaves & Tears
- 2012: Jason Charles Miller- Natural Born Killer
- 2012: The Dark – Teenage Angst
- 2012: Arise in Chaos – Civilization Decay
- 2013: American Head Charge – Shoot
- 2013: A Pale Horse Named Death – Lay My Soul to Waste
- 2013: stOrk – Broken Pieces
- 2013: Crowned By Fire – Space Music For Cave People
- 2013: Ministry – From Beer To Eternity
- 2013: Kill Devil Hill – Revolution Rise
- 2014: Ministry – Last Tangle In Paris
- 2014: Powerman 5000 – Builders of the Future
- 2014: Judgemental – Empires Fall
- 2015: Fear Factory – Title TBA
- 2015: American Head Charge – Tango Umbrella
- ESP Guitars
- 2008: Cobweb & Redburn TWO EC Graphic guitars
- 2009: Clockwork Zombie Series 1 & 2 (SOLD OUT) SIX graphic guitars models-( EC, Viper, EX)
- 2013: Vampire Bio-Tech THREE graphic guitars models-(EC, Viper, M).
- Dean Guitars
Guitar cases – CoffinCase
- 2009: Maila Nurmi 'VAMPIRA' Memorial Portrait CoffinCase.
- 2009: TKL Cases: 'The Beast'.
Comics and graphic novels
- IDW Publishing
- 2009: 'ANGEL' – Landau/Lynch/Urru – comic (Issue 24 – 3 X Limited Edition cover artworks).
- 2010: 'Wire Hangers' Alan Robert comic (Issue 4 – cover artwork).
- 2010: 'Wire Hangers' Alan Robert Graphic Novel / Full series collection. (cover artwork).
- 2011: '30 Days of Night' – Infestation 2 – 'Cthulhu-styled' cover.
- 2012: 'The Secret Battles of Genghis Khan' – cover.
- 2012: 'H.P.Lovecraft' – 'The Call of Cthulhu and other Mythos Tales' – Cover & 20+ Illustrations.
- 2012: 'Oscar Wilde' – 'The Picture of Dorian Gray' – Cover & 20+ Illustrations.
- 2012: 'KISS' – 'Kiss Girls' – two variant covers.
- 2012: 'KISS' – 'Kiss Meets the Phantom of the Park' – Cover Artwork.
- 2012: 'KISS' – Greatest Hits Volume 3 – (cover artwork).
- 2013: 'KISS' – Greatest Hits Volume 4 – (cover artwork).
- 2013: 'KISS' – Greatest Hits Volume 5 – (cover artwork).
- 2013: 'Mars Attacks' – 'Beast and the Beauty'. (cover artwork).
- 2013: 'The X-Files' – Classics Volume 1 – (Cover Artwork).
- 2013: 'The X-Files' – Classics Volume 2 – (Cover Artwork).
- 2013: 'The Other Dead' – Issue 3 – (Cover Artwork).
- 2014: 'The Other Dead' – Issue 5 – (Cover Artwork).
- 2014: 'The Other Dead' – Issue 6 – (Cover Artwork).
- 2014: 'The X-Files' – Classics Volume 3 – (Cover Artwork).
- 2014: 'The X-Files' – Classics Volume 4 – (Cover Artwork).
- 2014: 'The X-Files' – Annual – (Exorcist) – (Cover Artwork).
- 2015: 'Judge Dredd' – Classics – (The Four Dark Judges - Four Issues) – (Cover Artwork).
- 2014: Clive Barker's 'Books of Blood' – Issue 1: 'The book of Blood' (Full Interior & Cover Artwork).
Merchandise and tour shirt designs
- 2007: Iron Maiden: 'Somewhere Back in Time' World Tour Scarab Image.
- 2007: HIM : Various T-Shirt Designs.
- 2008: Godhead : At the Edge of the World T-shirt Designs.
- 2008: Keith Caputo : Hearts Blood / Das Berdache.
- 2009: Cradle of Filth : Various T-Shirt Designs.
- 2010: Fear Factory : Various T-Shirt Designs.
- 2010: Jason Charles Miller : The Devil T-Shirt Design.
- 2010: Rob Zombie : Hellbilly Deluxe 2 – Portrait / T-Shirt Design.
- 2011: A Pale Horse Named Death : And Hell Will Follow Me : T-Shirt Design.
- 2011: Rammstein – Tour Merchandise.
- 2012: Rammstein – Tour Merchandise.
- 2012: Many of Odd Nature – Tour Merchandise.
- 2012: Slaves on Dope – Summer Tour Merchandise.
- 2012: Jason Charles Miller : Natural Born Killer.
- 2013: American Head Charge
- 2013: A Pale Horse Named Death : Lay My Soul to Waste : T-Shirt Design.
- 2007: Keith Caputo : European Tour Poster for 'Hearts Blood on your Dawn'.
- 2008: Keith Caputo : European Tour Poster for 'A Fondness for Hometown Scars'.
- 2008: SCUZZ – Sky network Rock/Metal music channel.
- 2009: FANGORIA : 'Trinity of Terrors' 3 Day Halloween event in Las Vegas – Featuring Slipknot: Programme/booklet cover artwork.
- 2010: Devolution Magazine : Official Cover logo.
- 2010: Monsters of Comedy : Tour Poster/Merch Designs : Tour fronted by Jason Rouse.
- 2011: A Pale Horse Named Death & Seventh Void : European Tour Poster for their debut album release.
- 2013: Zulu Tattoo L.A. : 'Zulu Lounge' Charity Event – Flyers / Posters / Banners / Portraits / T-Shirt designs.
- 2014: Ministry : 'NEW DAWN' Logo Design.
- "Call to boycott artist's 'Dead Teddy Bear' show – Jan 24th 2003". Telegraph.co.uk. 24 January 2003. Retrieved 19 February 2014.
- "National Focus For Art on BBC Radio ONE as reported by The Lytham St. Annes Express Jan 30th 2003". Facebook.com. Retrieved 19 February 2014.
- "Call to Boycott Artist's 'DEAD TEDDY BEAR' Show – Jan 24th 2003". Facebook.com. Retrieved 19 February 2014.
- "Grotesque World of Sam's 'DEADY BEARS' – Jan 16th 2003". Facebook.com. 15 December 2010. Retrieved 19 February 2014.
- "The Daily Star 'Deady Bear...' – Jan 24th 2003". Facebook.com. Retrieved 19 February 2014.
- "Sam's Shockers Go on Show Jan 30th 2003". Facebook.com. Retrieved 19 February 2014.
- "Beast of Lytham – May 5, 2005". Daily Mail. Retrieved 19 February 2014.
- "Centre for Fortean Zoology – Aug 14 2009". Cfz.org.uk. Retrieved 19 February 2014.
- "Angel Aftermath No. 24 (Sam Shearon Variant Cover Edition) – 2009 ref". Tfaw.com. Retrieved 19 February 2014.
- [dead link]
- [dead link]
- "TKL Products Corp – The world's leading manufacturer and distributor of musical instrument cases and bags. (guitar , bass , percussion , drum, etc)". Tkl.com. Retrieved 19 February 2014.