Samajwadi Jan Parishad
|Samajwadi Jan Parishad|
|President||Adv. Joshy Jacob (Kerala)|
|Political position||Left of Centre|
|Seats in Lok Sabha|
|Seats in Rajya Sabha|
|Politics of India
The party was founded in 1995 by late Kishan Patnaik, Bhai Vaidya and many grassroot level political organisations who believed in creating an alternative political culture. Active members of the party cannot have any association with foreign funded NGOs. The ideology of the party is based upon the thoughts of Mahatma Gandhi, Ram Manohar Lohiya, Jaiprakash Narayan, Ambedkar and Vinoba Bhave . It is active in 15 states.It believes that Globalisation is a counter-revolution phase and hence associates itself with anti-globalisation struggles.
It has involved in many historic struggles in various parts of India such as Mehdiganj, Mau (UP), Betul, Kesla (MP), Niyamgiri, Jagjitsinghpur-POSCO (Odisha), Jalpaiguri (North Bengal), Kudankulam (Tamil Nadu) etc...
This was the only party to have protested and almost barged into the Commonwealth Games Office at Central Delhi protesting against the huge spending by the Govt.
The party is very close to many popular movements and NGOs. It is a founding member of the National Alliance of People's Movements N A P M.
In the 10th national council held at Varanasi (10–12 June 2013), the following are elected as its new office bearers.
- President : Adv. Joshy Jacob (Kerala).
- Vice Presidents : Kamal Banerjee (Bengal).
- General Secretary : Sunil (Madhya Pradesh).
- Organizing Secretary : Adv. Nisha Shiurkar (Maharashtra).
- Secretaries : Aflatoon (Uttar Pradesh), Lingaraj Azad (Odisha), Ranjith Rai (Bengal).
- Treasurer : Prof. Shivaji Gaekwad (Maharashtra).
It has been participating and contesting in general elections, but till now not won any seats in the Rajyasabha or Loksabha or state assembly elections.
The party took part in Madhya Pradesh elections, with four candidates:
- Mangal Sing for Ghora Dongri
- Fagram - Itarsi
- Shamim Modi - Harda
- Ajay Khare - Rewa
SAYEED KASAM SAYEED JAMRUDDIN 192-Gangapur
Position in state and national politics
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (September 2013)|
- The Socialist
- Samajwadi Jan Parishad U.P.
- Towards an alternative politics: People’s movements join the electoral process
- Anti MNC Forum
- Indian Socialist leader Jugal Kishore Raibir passes away