|Nickname(s)||"la petite anglaise"|
28 November 1974 |
Resident in Kerlin (Trégunc), Brittany, France, Davies trains at "Pôle France, Finistère Course au Large" in Port-La-Forêt (La Forêt-Fouesnant).
She is engaged to French sailor Romain Attanasio and mother of a son, Ruben.
Samantha Davies came into the limelight with her 2008-2009 single-handed circumnavigation in the Vendée Globe race, where she placed fourth. She was the third to cross the finish line, but owed a time allowance of 50 Hr to competitor Marc Guillemot, who crossed the line 48:40' after her. The time allowance was applied following both competitors' diversion to assist injured skipper Yann Eliès, but Marc Guillemot benefited from a larger handicap because of his forward position in the race. Her abundant and lively video footage during the race caused a media and audience frenzy that dubbed her "la petite anglaise".
Record of achievement
- 2009 YJA Yachtsman of the year 
- Vendée Globe
- 4th in 2008-2009
- Dismasted while 13th in 2012-2013
- Transat Jacques Vabre
- 6th in 2003
- 10th in 2007
- 10th in 2011
- Transat Ag2r
- 5th in 2004
- 12th in 2006
- Solitaire du Figaro
- 19th in 2003 and 2004
- 22nd in 2005
- 7th of the Transat B to B 2007
- 11th of the mini-transat 2001
- "Alumni - Sam Davies". portsmouthhigh.co.uk.
- British round-the-world yachtswoman leaves race to rescue competitor
- Asthana, Anushka. The Times (London) http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/more_sport/sailing/article5627537.ece. Missing or empty
- Yachting Journalists' Association Award
- List of winners Transat AG2R (in French). http://transat.ag2rlamondiale.fr/fr/s02_course/s02p04_historique.php
|This article about a United Kingdom Olympic medalist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article related to yacht racing in United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article related to yacht racing in England is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|