Samuels with the Cavaliers
|No. 24 – Emporio Armani Milano|
|Position||Power forward / Center|
|League||Lega Basket Serie A
January 9, 1989 |
|Listed height||6 ft 9 in (2.06 m)|
|Listed weight||260 lb (118 kg)|
|High school||Saint Benedict's Prep
(Newark, New Jersey)
|NBA draft||2010 / Undrafted|
|Pro playing career||2010–present|
|2010||→Erie BayHawks (D-League)|
|2012||→Canton Charge (D-League)|
|2013||Reno Bighorns (D-League)|
|2013||Hapoel Jerusalem (Israel)|
|2013–present||Emporio Armani Milano (Italy)|
Samardo Samuels (born January 9, 1989) is a Jamaican professional basketball player for Emporio Armani Milano of the Lega Basket Serie A. He is a 6'9", 260 lb power forward/center who attended college at the University of Louisville.
High school career
Samuels attended Saint Benedict's Preparatory School in Newark, New Jersey. Samuels was ranked 9th in the nation by Rivals.com and 2nd in the nation by Scout.com. He, alongside class of 2010 star Tristan Thompson led St. Benedicts's Prep to a 24–1 record in the 2007–2008 season. At seasons end St. Benedict's was ranked #2 in the nation by USA Today. He played in the two top all-American games, the McDonald's All-American Game and the Jordan Brand Classic.
Samuels decided to attend the University of Louisville for college. He chose the Cardinals over Connecticut, Florida, Georgetown and North Carolina. At Louisville, Samuels started every game that he played in and led the 2009–10 team in scoring and rebounding. After his sophomore year, he decided to skip his final two years of college eligibility and enter the 2010 NBA Draft.
Samuels went undrafted, but played for the Chicago Bulls in the 2010 NBA Summer League. He averaged 12.6 points and 7.4 rebounds. On August 17, 2010, Samuels signed a 3-year, $2.3 million contract with the Cleveland Cavaliers. A portion of the deal is guaranteed.
He debuted against the Toronto Raptors, on October 29, and scored 7 points. On December 27, 2010 he was sent to the Erie BayHawks, the Cavs' affiliate in the NBA Development League. On January 1, after two games in the NBA D-League, he was recalled by the Cavs.
On March 2, 2011, Samuels made his first career start against the San Antonio Spurs in place of the injured Antawn Jamison and scored a career high 23 points while pulling down 10 rebounds.
On December 28, 2012, Samuels was assigned to the Canton Charge of the D-League. He was recalled on December 31, 2012. On January 6, 2013, he was waived by the Cavaliers. He was acquired by the D-League's Reno Bighorns on January 17, 2013.
NBA career statistics
|GP||Games played||GS||Games started||MPG||Minutes per game|
|FG%||Field goal percentage||3P%||3-point field goal percentage||FT%||Free throw percentage|
|RPG||Rebounds per game||APG||Assists per game||SPG||Steals per game|
|BPG||Blocks per game||PPG||Points per game||Bold||Career high|
- Points: 23 vs. San Antonio 03/02/11
- Rebounds: 10 3 times
- Assists: 3 vs. San Antonio 03/02/11
- Steals: 3 @ L.A. Clippers 03/19/11
- Blocks: 3 vs. New Orleans 03/06/11
- Rivals.com Prospect Rankings
- Scout.com: Football Recruiting
- Halley, Jim (2008-05-02). "Super 25: Lincoln (N.Y.) climbs three spots with state title". USA Today. Retrieved 2010-05-23.
- http://www.ridiculousupside.com/2010/6/28/1540775/nba-summer-league-rosters-vegas NBA Summer League Rosters – Vegas
- Ex-Louisville forward Samardo Samuels signs with Cavaliers
- Cleveland Cavaliers Assign Samardo Samuels to NBA D-League Affiliate Canton Charge
- Cavs recall Samardo Samuels from D-League
- Cavaliers Waive Samuels
- 2012–13 Transactions
- "Hapoel Jerusalem officially signs Samardo Samuels to a 2-month deal". Sportando.net. Retrieved 25 July 2013.
- "Olimpia Milano officially sign Samardo Samuels". Sportando.net. Retrieved 25 July 2013.
- Career statistics and player information from NBA.com
|This biographical article relating to a Jamaican basketball figure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|