Yeşil playing for Liverpool U19's in 2012
|Full name||Samed Yeşil|
|Date of birth||25 May 1994|
|Place of birth||Düsseldorf, Germany|
|Height||1.78 m (5 ft 10 in)|
|2002–2005||BV 04 Düsseldorf|
|2012||Bayer Leverkusen II||4||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 30 December 2012.
† Appearances (Goals).
Yeşil was born in Düsseldorf, but grew up in Krefeld. He started playing football in local club CFR Links, aged just six and then he played for BV 04 Düsseldorf. At age of eleven he was offered trial at Bayer 04 Leverkusen, which he accepted. In 2010 he reached the final of German Junior championship, which his team lost 0-1 to Eintracht Frankfurt. Next season he scored 22 goals in 24 matches for B-Junioren (U17/U16) and was moved one level up.
Yeşil's first game for Liverpool was in an Under 21's match against Chelsea U21's, with the Reds winning 4-1. Yeşil shortly after got his first call-up to the senior squad after being announced as a part of the squad that would play against BSC Young Boys of Switzerland. He was named as a substitute and was unused. On 26 September Yesil made his senior debut in the Football League Cup game against West Bromwich Albion. He also appeared in the fourth round tie against Swansea City, Liverpool succumbing to a 3-1 defeat.
On 7 December 2012 after coming back from injury, Yeşil scored his first goal in a Liverpool shirt with a half-volley lob over the goalkeeper to put Liverpool 3-1 up in a 4-1 win over Crystal Palace at The Academy in the U21's Professional Development League, after coming off the bench as a substitute. In February, after rupturing his anterior cruciate ligament on international duty with Germany U19 team he was sidelined for rest of the season.
On 7 October 2013, Yeşil made his comeback as a substitute in a 5-0 win against Tottenham Hotspur in the U21 Premier League. He then again ruptured his anterior cruciate ligament in training and was out of the season. Yeşil made his return from injury coming on as a substitute on 19 August 2014 in a U21 Premier League game against Sunderland. On 12 September 2014, Yesil scored his first goal since his return from injury in a 4-0 win over West Ham.
Yeşil is Turkish-German. He has played for the German U-19 team. He is eligible to play for both the German and Turkish national teams at senior level. Until now, he has not decided for which national team he is going to play for. According to Turkish media, his former teammate Nuri Şahin who is also Turkish-German and a Turkish international, tried to convince him to choose the Turkish national team. Turkish national team head coach Fatih Terim wants him in the Turkish national team.
- As of 1 September 2014.
|Club information||League||Cup||League Cup||Europe||Total|
- Germany U-17
- UEFA European Under-17 Football Championship: Runners-up (2011)
- FIFA U-17 World Cup: 3rd place (2011)
- "Premier League Clubs submit Squad Lists" (PDF). Premier League. 4 February 2014. p. 19. Retrieved 12 July 2014.
- "Liverpool's surprise new striker signing: facts, stats and video". talkSPORT magazine. 30 August 2012. Retrieved 27 September 2012.
- "Samed Yesil". LiverpoolFC.com. 30 August 2012. Retrieved 30 August 2012.
- "West Brom 1-2 Liverpool". BBC. 26 September 2012. Retrieved 26 September 2012.
- Yorke, Graeme (11 February 2013). "Ligament woe sees Kop youngster Yesil sidelined for rest of the season". Daily Mail. Retrieved 5 April 2013.
- Pearce, James (22 January 2014). "Second cruciate knee injury is cruel blow for Reds youngster Yesil". Liverpool Echo. Retrieved 22 January 2014.
- 20 September 2012. "Nuri Sahin & Samed Yesil to start for Liverpool FC". Turkish-football.com. Turkish-football.com. Retrieved 27 September 2012.
- "Nuri Şahin, Samed'i ikna edebilecek mi? (Can Nuri Şahin convince Samed?)". Milliyet (in Turkish). 14 September 2012. Retrieved 27 September 2012.
- Samed Yesil at fussballdaten.de (German)
- Samed Yeşil – FIFA competition record
- Samed Yeşil – UEFA competition record
- ESPN FC profile
- Liverpool profile