|Full name||Samir Badre Carruthers|
|Date of birth||4 April 1993|
|Place of birth||Islington, England|
|Height||5 ft 8 in (1.73 m)|
|Current club||Milton Keynes Dons
(on loan from Aston Villa)
|2013–||→ Milton Keynes Dons (loan)||23||(2)|
|2011–2012||Republic of Ireland U19||8||(1)|
|2012–||Republic of Ireland U21||10||(3)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 01:07 on 13 November 2013.
† Appearances (Goals).
Born in Brent, London, Carruthers was playing football local to his hometown of Hatfield, Hertfordshire when he was signed by Cambridge United's under-10 side. He trained frequently with Manchester United, but when Cambridge United abandoned their youth team set-up he signed for Arsenal, the team he supported as a child. He went on to represent Arsenal at under-18 level and captained the club's under-16 side. However, in 2009 Carruthers rejected offers from Fulham and Arsenal in favour of a move to Aston Villa.
Carruthers signed for Aston Villa in June 2009, aged 16. He made his name playing for the club's reserve and academy sides as an attacking midfielder and winger. Following a number of injuries to Alex McLeish's first team squad in the latter stages of the 2011–12 season, the young midfielder was brought in to train with the first team on a number of occasions.
Loan to MK Dons
Carruthers was sent out on loan to League One side Milton Keynes Dons on 10 August 2013 on a youth loan until 4 January 2014. He made his debut against Preston North End on 17 August. Coming on as a substitute in the 56th minute, Carruthers won a penalty, which was in turn converted by Shaun Williams, leveling the score at 2–2. A week later Carruthers scored within 15 minutes of coming on as a substitute against Bristol City, beautifully stroking a left footed effort into the top corner to earn another 2–2 draw. On 8 January 2014 it was announced that he had extended his loan spell at Milton Keynes Dons until April.
Carruthers is of Irish, Italian and Moroccan descent and is eligible to play for Italy, Morocco, England and the Republic of Ireland, the country of his grandparents. In 2011 he made his debut for the Republic of Ireland U19 team. On 10 September 2012 Carruthers made his debut for the Republic of Ireland U21 team away to Italy.
- "Premier League Clubs submit Squad Lists" (PDF). Premier League. 4 September 2012. p. 15. Retrieved 29 July 2013.
- Rollin, Glenda; Rollin, Jack, eds. (2012). Sky Sports Football Yearbook 2012–2013 (43rd ed.). London: Headline. p. 423. ISBN 978-0-7553-6356-8.
- Gold, Alasdair (6 July 2009). "Samir turns down Arsenal but signs for Aston Villa instead". www.hertfordshiremercury.co.uk. Retrieved 8 April 2012.
- "Liverpool vs Aston Villa". BBC News. 7 April 2012.
- "Villa starlet completes loan switch". Milton Keynes Dons FC. 10 August 2013. Retrieved 10 August 2013.
- "Preston 2-2 MK Dons". BBC Sport. 18 August 2013. Retrieved 18 August 2013.
- "MK Dons 2–2 Bristol City". BBC Sport. 24 August 2013. Retrieved 26 August 2013.
- "Irish u19 squad profiles". www.fai.ie. Retrieved 8 April 2012.
- Fitzmaurice, Aiden (2 April 2012). "Villa's green teens step up". www.herald.ie. Retrieved 8 April 2012.