Samsung C&T Corporation (formerly Samsung Corporation) (Korean: 삼성물산), established in 1938, is the original company of the Samsung Group and currently consists of the Engineering & Construction Group and the Trading & Investment Group. The company was renamed from Samsung Corporation to Samsung C&T Corporation in 2007. The Samsung Group is South Korea’s largest conglomerate with interests in construction, electronics, chemicals, finance and numerous other fields.
Engineering & Construction Group
- The Petronas Twin Towers in Malaysia are 452 meters high (88 floors) and are ranked the 3rd talled in the world. The Taipei 101 in Taiwan is 508 meters tall (101 floors) and the 2nd tallest in the world. The Burj Khalifa in Dubai is 828 meters tall (162 floors) and by far the tallest building in the world. Samsung C&T built Tower 2 of the Petronas towers (the first one completed) as well as the Taipei 101 and the Burj Khalifa, three of the world's four tallest buildings.
- Industrial Plants & Power Plants
- Shuweihat S2 IWPP in Abu Dhabi, Singapore LNG Terminal 2nd Berth, Qurayyah IPP in Saudi Arabia
- Samsung C&T built the Yeongjong Bridge, the world’s first three-dimensional self-anchored suspension bridge, as well as the Incheon Grand Bridge, the world’s fifth longest cable-stayed bridge.
- Abu Dhabi Salam Underground Motorway
- Raemian Apartment, National Customer Satisfaction Index (NCSI) Award for 14 consecutive years
Trading & Investment Group
- Energy & Environment - Power Generation, Bio Energy, Plant
- Natural Resources - Oil/Gas, Coal,,n, Metals & Minerals
- Industrial Materials - Steel, Chemicals, Electronics, Textiles
Notes and references