Samsung Fire & Marine Insurance
|Traded as||KRX: 000810|
|Headquarters||Seoul, South Korea|
|Key people||Chang-Soo Kim, CEO|
|Products||Automobile insurance, long-term insurance, commercial insurance, Enterprise Risk Management|
|Revenue||US$ 15.6 billion (2012)|
|Net income||US$ 0.7 billion (2012)|
|Total assets||US$ 40.5 billion (2012)|
|Total equity||US$ 7.8 billion (2012)|
|Owners||Samsung Life Insurance 10.36%
First State Investment Management (UK) 7.44%
National Pension Service 6.04% (as of July 18, 2011)
Samsung Fire & Marine Insurance (Korean: 삼성화재) (KOSPI # 000810) is a multinational insurance company based in central Seoul, South Korea. Its principal products include automobile, long-term and commercial insurance, enterprise risk management, and annuities.
Samsung Fire & Marine Insurance was incorporated on January 26, 1952, under the name Korea Anbo Fire Marine Reinsurance Co., and was renamed Samsung Fire & Marine Insurance Co., Ltd., in December 1993.
Samsung Fire & Marine Insurance has offices in USA, Europe, and Asian countries such as China, Indonesia, Japan, and Vietnam.
The Samsung Traffic Safety Research Institute (STSRI), The Samsung Loss Control Center, and The Samsung Transportation Museum of SF&MI act as social educational organizations by collecting, researching and preserving cultural heritage.
- "Samsung Fire & Marine Ins (000810:Korea SE)". businessweek.com. Retrieved 2013-07-09.
- "Daum stock data: Samsung Fire & Marine Insurance" (in Korean). Daum.net. Retrieved July 18, 2011.
- "Headquarters Offices". Samsung Fire & Marine Insurance Co., Ltd. Retrieved 11 November 2012.
- "Subsidiary". Samsung Fire & Marine Insurance Co., Ltd. Retrieved 11 November 2012.
- Kiriyanov, Oleg (30 August 2007). "Samsung Transportation Museum: Trip to the World of Beautiful Cars". The Korea Times. Retrieved 11 November 2012.