Samsung Galaxy Ace
|Compatible networks||3G 850/900/1800/1900 MHz;
3.5G HSDPA 7.2 Mbps 900/2100 MHz (Canada HSDPA 850/1900 MHz)
|First released||UK March 1, 2011|
|Successor||Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus
Samsung Galaxy Ace 2
|Dimensions||112.4 mm (4.43 in) H
59.9 mm (2.36 in) W
11.5 mm (0.45 in) D
|Weight||113 g (4.0 oz)|
Android v2.3.6 (Gingerbread) unofficially upgradable to 4.3.1 Jelly Bean via CyanogenMod 10.2, GT-S5830Android v2.3.6 (Gingerbread) unofficially upgradable to 2.3.7 Gingerbread via CyanogenMod 7.2, GT-S5830i
|CPU||Broadcom BCM21553 ARMv6 processor (GT-S5830i)|
Adreno 200 GPU (GT-S5830),VideoCore IV GPU (GT-S5830i)
|Memory||384 MB RAM (accessible: 278 MB)|
|Storage||512 MB (accessible: 180 MB)|
|Removable storage||microSD up to 32 GB|
|Battery||1,350 mAh, 5.0 Wh, 3.7 V, internal rechargeable Li-ion, user replaceable|
|Data inputs||Multi-touch, capacitive touchscreen
Capacitive touch-sensitive buttons
|Display||TFT LCD, 3.5 in (89 mm) diagonal.
320×480 pixels HVGA (165 ppi) with Gorilla Glass
|Rear camera||5-Mpx 2560×1920 max, 2x digital zoom, autofocus, LED flash, VGA video recording 640×480 pixels MPEG4 at 30 FPS|
|Connectivity||3.5 mm jack
Bluetooth v2.1 (v3 in S5830i) with A2DP
Stereo FM radio with RDS
Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
|Other||Gorilla glass display, Swype keyboard|
The Samsung Galaxy Ace (also known as Samsung Galaxy Cooper in some territories) is a smartphone manufactured by Samsung that runs the open source Android operating system. Announced and released by Samsung in February 2011, the Galaxy Ace features an 800 MHz Qualcomm MSM7227 processor with the Adreno 200 GPU. It is available in black, with back covers in three different colors: black, purple and white.
The Galaxy Ace is a 3.5G smartphone, offering quad-band GSM and announced with two-band HSDPA (900/2100) at 7.2 Mbit/s. The display is a 3.5 inch TFT LCD capacitive touchscreen with its protection by a Gorilla Glass and has HVGA (320x480) resolution. There is also a 5-megapixel camera with LED flash, capable of recording videos at QVGA (320x240) resolution and VGA (640x480) resolution with the Gingerbread update, and a 1350 mAh Li-Ion battery.
The Samsung Galaxy Ace has a 5-megapixel auto-focus camera with a resolution of 2560 x 1920 pixels. It has a LED flash along with the camera for low-light scenes. It also has face and smile detection and geotagging, but does not have a shutter key. The contrast and brightness can be adjusted through on screen menu. The Samsung Galaxy Ace's camera is also capable of up to 2x camera zoom.
Having an Adreno 200 GPU, and a lower processor with a lower screen resolution, the Galaxy Ace cannot run high-definition games; however, third-party developers can port some games to work on the Galaxy Ace. As in the GT-S5830i model, the device uses VideoCore IV which may introduce some improved characteristics but has major issues with games since neither Broadcom nor Samsung shares the source code; 3D games that work in original model might have incompatibilities with GT-S5830i. Games and Applications that are ported for the ARM6 do work on this phone.
On August 31, 2011, an update to Android 2.3.4, 'Gingerbread', was rolled out for India.
The Galaxy Ace received an update to its firmware and its current version is Android 2.3.6, 'Gingerbread' which is available via Samsung Kies.
Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus
The Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus (GT-S7500[L/T/W]) is a later generation of the Samsung Galaxy Ace (GT-S5830), which was released in 2011. It features a 1 GHz processor and it also includes the upgraded GUI and TouchWiz 4.0 interface.
- List of Android devices
- Galaxy Nexus
- Galaxy Europa
- Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus
- Samsung Galaxy Ace 2
- Update Galaxy Ace to Jelly Bean Android 4.1.2 using Custom ROM
- "Telus Samsung Galaxy Ace Details". GSM Arena. Retrieved 2013-02-04.
- "Samsung GT-S5830T Galaxy Ace Specs". Retrieved May 20, 2011.
- "Samsung Galaxy Cooper S5830 Officially Announced |". Samsung.
- "Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 Officially Announced | Mobile Phone Tips and Review". Nokiafanboy.com. 2011-01-27. Retrieved 2011-06-13.
- "White Samsung Galaxy Ace announced (in South Korea)". Unwired View. 2011-02-28. Retrieved 2011-06-13.
- "Play and Share Faster and Smarter with the GALAXY Ace Plus". Samsung View. 2012-01-03. Retrieved 2012-01-03.
- "Samsung introduces the new GALAXY Ace 2 and GALAXY mini 2". Samsung View. 2012-02-21. Retrieved 2012-03-01.
- "GSMArena Samsung galaxy ace - camera".
- "Broadcom BCM2835 SoC has the most powerful mobile GPU in the world?".
- Nagy, Anton D. (2011-04-22). "Samsung Galaxy Ace Android 2.3.3 Gingerbread ROM Leaked". Pocketnow.com. Retrieved 2011-06-13.