Samsung Galaxy S Duos
|Slogan||For your smart dual life. Dual SIM with 4" vivid display.|
850/900/1900/2100 MHz up to 7.2 Mbps
|First released||September 2012|
|Availability by country||September 2012|
|Predecessor||Samsung Galaxy Ace 2X|
|Successor||Samsung Galaxy S Duos 2|
|Related||Samsung Galaxy S III|
|Dimensions||H: 121.5 mm (4.78 in)
W: 63.1 mm (2.48 in)
D: 10.5 mm (0.41 in)
|Weight||120 g (4.2 oz)|
|Operating system||Android 4.0.4 "Ice Cream Sandwich"|
|CPU||MSM7227 Cortex-A5 1 GHz|
|Memory||768 MB SDRAM|
|Storage||4 GB (1.8 GB usable)
up to 32 GB microSD card
|Battery||1,500 mAh Lithium-Ion battery|
|Data inputs||Capacitive touchscreen
|Display||480×800 pixels, 4 inches (~233 ppi pixel density) 16M color|
|Rear camera||5 Megapixels autofocus, LED flash|
|Connectivity||Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
Bluetooth 3.0 with A2DP
Micro USB 2.0
3.5 mm TRRS audio jack
FM radio with RDS support
|SAR||Head: 0.18 W/kg 1 g
Body: 0.45 W/kg 1 g
Hotspot: 0.45 W/kg 1 g
Samsung Galaxy S Duos (GT-S7562) is a dual SIM smartphone, designed and marketed by Samsung Electronics. In contrast with other dual sim Samsung models, this phone is a part of the high-end "S" series, this is why it is marketed as a part of the "Galaxy S" family.
The phone also comes with Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich, along with Samsung's proprietary Touchwiz interface.
Unlike entry-level dual SIM models from Samsung, the Galaxy S Duos is active on both SIMs all the time so it is ready to receive calls on either SIM when a call is not already in progress. Optionally it can receive two calls simultaneously but this requires divert-on-busy to be set up on each number and is subject to availability from the carrier and may incur additional charges. A limitation of the Galaxy S Duos is that only one SIM can be active on UMTS (and therefore data) at a time and so it may be unsuitable for certain combinations of networks.
China Unicom offers the Galaxy S Duos as the GT-S7562i, which is essentially the same phone as the international version, and a variant called the GT-S7562C which omits the proximity sensor.
||This section is in a list format that may be better presented using prose. (May 2014)|
- One can access both SIM cards simultaneously.
- Comes with Android 4.0 ("Ice Cream Sandwich").
- Comes with a display of 4 Inches.
- Comes with a five Megapixels camera along with LED Flash support and a front VGA Camera.
- 1 GHz Processor
- Smart lock for safety.
- Comes with 3.5mm jack headphones.
- "Samsung Galaxy S Duos from Samsung Philippines Official Website".
- https://apps.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/reports/ViewExhibitReport.cfm?mode=Exhibits&RequestTimeout=500&calledFromFrame=N&application_id=181186&fcc_id='A3LGTS7562', ID=1739467
- "Samsung Galaxy S Duos S7562 - Full phone specifications". GSMArena. Retrieved 23 June 2013.
- "Galaxy S Duos - Features". Retrieved 20 August 2013.