Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
|Product family||Galaxy Tab|
|Type||Tablet, media player, PC|
|Release date||April 2012|
|Operating system||Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
(upgradable to 4.1.1 Jelly Bean)
|Power||7,000 mAh Li-Ion battery|
|CPU||1.0 GHz dual-core
TI OMAP4430 (Cortex A9) SoC processor
|Storage capacity||16/32 GB flash memory,
microSDXC slot (up to 64 GB)
10.1 in (26 cm) diagonal,
PLS TFT LCD display
|Input||Multi-touch screen, digital compass, proximity and ambient light sensors, accelerometer|
|Camera||3.0 MP rear facing, VGA (0.3 MP) front facing|
|Connectivity||HSPA+ 21 Mbit/s 850/900/1900/2100 MHz (3G & WiFi model)
EDGE/GPRS 850/900/1800/1900 MHz (3G & WiFi model)
Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 3.0, HDMI (external cable)
|Dimensions||256.7 mm (10.11 in) H
175.3 mm (6.90 in) W
9.7 mm (0.38 in) D
|Weight||583 g (1.29 lb)|
|Predecessor||Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1|
The Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 is a 10.1-inch Android-based tablet computer produced and marketed by Samsung Electronics. It belongs to the second generation of the Samsung Galaxy Tab series, which also includes a 7-inch model, the Galaxy Tab 2 7.0. It was announced on 25 February 2012, and launched in the US on 13 May 2012. It is the successor to the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1.
The Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 was announced on 25 February 2012. It was shown along with the Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 at the 2012 Mobile World Conference. Although the two devices were originally scheduled to launch in March, they did not do so, with Samsung explaining that the delay was due to unspecified problems with Ice Cream Sandwich Samsung later confirmed that the Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 would be released in the US on 13 May, with a price of $399.99 for the 16GB model.
The Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 was originally released with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. An upgrade to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean has since been made available only for the WiFi version, both as an over-the-air update and through Samsung Kies. Samsung has customized the interface with its TouchWiz UX software. As well as apps from Google, including Google Play, Gmail and YouTube, it has access to Samsung apps such as ChatON, S Suggest and All Share Play.
The Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 is available in WiFi-only and 3G & WiFi variants. Storage ranges from 16 GB to 32 GB depending on the model, with a microSDXC card slot for expansion. It has a 10.1-inch PLS LCD screen with a resolution of 1280x800 pixel. It also features a VGA front camera without flash and 3 MP rear-facing camera. it also has the ability to record HD videos.
- Cunningham, Andrew (18 January 2013). "Jelly Bean update gives select Samsung tablets some refined sugar". Ars Technica. Retrieved 18 January 2013.
- "Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5110". GSMArena. Retrieved 18 January 2013.
- "Samsung GALAXY Tab 2". Samsung Mobile. Retrieved 15 January 2013.
- "Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1-inch WiFi - Tech Specs". Samsung UK. Retrieved 18 January 2013.
- "Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1-inch 3G & WiFi - Tech Specs". Samsung UK. Retrieved 18 January 2013.
- Joe, Pollicino (25 February 2012). "Samsung announces the Galaxy Tab 2 10.1". Engadget. Retrieved 18 January 2013.
- Rougeau, Michael (3 April 2012). "Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 Will Debut On April 22". TechRadar. Retrieved 18 January 2013.
- Chacksfield, Marc (4 April 2012). "Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 suffering from Ice Cream headache". TechRadar. Retrieved 18 January 2013.