Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0
Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 in White
|Also known as||GT-P3220/SM-T217A (3G, 4G/LTE and Wifi)
GT-P3200/SM-T211 (3G and Wifi)
|Product family||Galaxy Tab|
|Type||Tablet, media player, PC|
|Release date||7 July 2013 (US)|
|Operating system||Android 4.4.2 KitKat (Wi-Fi+3G) 4.4.2 KitKat (3G+Wi-Fi Italian version)
Android 4.4.2 KitKat (LTE version)
|Power||4,000 mAh Li-Ion battery|
|CPU||1.2 GHz dual-core PXA986 (Cortex A9) SoC processor (Wifi & 3G+Wifi version)
1.7 GHz dual-core Snapdragon 400 Krait 300 (LTE version)
|Memory||1 GB (Wifi & 3G+Wifi version), 1.5GB (LTE version)|
|Storage||8/16/32 GB flash memory,
microSD slot (up to 64 GB)
7.0 in (18 cm) diagonal,
TFT capacitive touchscreen display
|Input||Multi-touch screen, digital compass, proximity, and ambient light sensors, accelerometer, GPS|
|Camera||3.15 MP rear facing, 1.3 MP front facing|
|Connectivity||LTE 100 Mbps DL, 50 Mbps UL Dual Band 1800/2600 (LTE version)
HSPA+ 21/5.76 Mbit/s 900/2100, EDGE/GPRS 900/1800 MHz (LTE version)
HSPA+ 21 Mbit/s 850/900/1900/2100 MHz (3G & WiFi model)
EDGE/GPRS 850/900/1800/1900 MHz (3G & WiFi model)
Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 3.0
|Dimensions||188.0 mm (7.40 in) H
111.1 mm (4.37 in) W
9.9 mm (0.39 in) D
|Weight||306 g (0.675 lb)|
|Predecessor||Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0|
|Successor||Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 7.0|
The Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 is a 7-inch Android-based tablet computer produced and marketed by Samsung Electronics. It belongs to the third generation of the Samsung Galaxy Tab series, which also includes the 8-inch Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 and the 10.1-inch Galaxy Tab 3 10.1. It was announced on 24 June 2013 and launched in the US on 7 July 2013.
The Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 was announced on 24 June 2013. It was shown along with the Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 at the 2013 Mobile World Conference. Samsung confirmed that the Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 would be released on 7 July, with a price of $199 for the 8GB model.
Upgrade to Kitkat 4.4.2 in September 2014 does not support Miracast (Wi-Fi display). The Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 was released with Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean. But the Wi-Fi model has also received the Android 4.4.2 Operating System Update. Samsung has customized the interface with its TouchWiz UX software. As well as apps from Google, including Google Play, Gmail and YouTube, it has access to Samsung apps such as ChatON, S Suggest, Smart Remote (Peel), S Voice, Group Play , Multi-Window and All Share Play.
The Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 is available in WiFi-only, WiFi with an IR Blaster depending on region, 3G & WiFi, and 4G & LTE (selected countries) variants. Internal storage ranges from 8 GB to 32 GB, depending on the model, with a microSD card slot for expansion (up to 64GB). It has a 7-inch TFT LCD screen with a resolution of 1024x600 pixels, and both front- and rear-facing cameras.
Reception for the Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 has been generally mixed. PC World Australia reviewer Ross Catanzariti commented, "The Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 is an update to the Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 but there's not much that's new." Both Catanzariti and blog.gsmarena's Vince Lockford praised the slimmer size and lighter weight of the device, as well as the unified Samsung design language also used in the S4 and Note series. Like its predecessor, some criticism was made of the screen quality, with Lockford describing it as "dull and uninspiring", and CNET Australia's Nic Healey criticizing it as a "barebone or no-frills" compared to the 2013 Google Nexus 7, despite otherwise finding it worth a look.
As a special edition of this tablet, Samsung also released a Hello Kitty edition in November 2013.
Another special edition is the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Kids Edition. This is a kids tablet that have all the normal features of the tablet, but have an additional user interface for children in addition to protective casing that prevents it from damage. It was launched on 10 November 2013.
- Shanklin, Will (26 July 2013). "2013 Nexus 7 vs. Galaxy Tab 3 7.0". GizMag. Retrieved 6 August 2013.
- "Samsung GALAXY Tab 3". Samsung Mobile. Retrieved 6 August 2013.
- "Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0-inch WiFi – Tech Specs". Samsung PH. Retrieved 6 August 2013.
- "Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0-inch 3G & WiFi – Tech Specs". Samsung PH. Retrieved 6 August 2013.
- Segan, Sascha (24 June 2013). "Samsung Announces Dates, Prices for Galaxy Tab 3". PCMag. Retrieved 6 August 2013.
- Smith, Mat (24 June 2013). "Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 Will Debut on July 7". TechRadar. Retrieved 6 August 2013.
- Catanzariti, Ross (28 May 2013). "Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 review". PC World Australia. Retrieved 6 August 2013.
- Lockford, Vince (30 June 2013). "Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 review". blog.gsmarena. Retrieved 6 August 2013.
- Healey, Nic (17 July 2013). "Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 review". CNET Australia. Retrieved 6 August 2013.
- "Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 Hello Kitty Edition". Galaxytabreview. Retrieved 14 October 2013.