Samsung Gear is a line of wearable computing devices produced by Samsung Electronics. The line was first introduced with an Android smartwatch in September 2013 as a spin-off of its Galaxy smartphone and tablet range, and expanded at Mobile World Congress 2014 with a successor, the Tizen-based Gear 2, and the Gear Fit activity tracker.
List of watches
- Samsung Galaxy Gear − Android based, upgradeable to Tizen
- Samsung Gear 2 − Tizen based
- Samsung Gear 2 Neo − Tizen based
- Samsung Gear Fit − runs a custom RTOS
- Samsung Gear Live − Android Wear based
- Samsung Gear S − Tizen based
- "Samsung unveils Galaxy Gear smartwatch with 1.63-inch AMOLED touchscreen, built-in camera, 70 apps". Engadget. Retrieved 9 December 2013.
- Savov, Vlad. "Samsung drops Android for Tizen in new Gear 2 smartwatches". The Verge. Vox Media. Retrieved 23 February 2014.
- Dolcourt, Jessica. "Tizen-based Samsung Gear 2 ditches Android, adds music player". CNET. CBS Interactive. Retrieved 23 February 2014.
|This electronics-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|