Samsung Rugby Smart
Samsung Rugby Smart with screen protector
|First released||United States April 2012|
|Predecessor||Samsung Rugby II|
|Successor||Samsung Galaxy Rugby Pro|
|Related||Samsung Galaxy W|
|Dimensions||122.4 mm (4.82 in) H
65.9 mm (2.59 in) W
12.2 mm (0.48 in) D
|Weight||125 g (4.4 oz)|
|Operating system||Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread, Android 4.04 / 4.1.2 via CyanogenMod|
|CPU||1400 MHz Qualcomm Scorpion, ARM7|
|GPU||Qualcomm Adreno 205|
|Memory||512 MiB LPDDR2 SDRAM|
|Rear camera||5.04 MP (2592×1944 px max.)
Video recording (3GP or MPEG4)
|Front camera||1.31 MP (1280×1024 px max.)
Video recording (3GP)
The Samsung Rugby Smart (SGH-i847) is a ruggedized Android smartphone manufactured by Samsung, for use on the AT&T Mobility network. The phone is 4G capable, but lacks 4G LTE support. It is dust and vibration resistant, as well as waterproof to a depth of 1 meter (3.3 ft) for 30 minutes, earning the phone an ingress protection rating of IP67.
Samsung Galaxy Rugby Pro 
In October 2012, Samsung and AT&T announced the Samsung Galaxy Rugby Pro (SGH-i547), a successor to the Rugby Smart that includes similar durability and push-to-talk features, but has LTE capability and a faster 1.5Ghz processor running Android 4.0 ICS.
Officially released October 21, 2012, the device has a dual core Qualcomm Krait MSM8960 SoC and shares a battery with the previously released Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket.
Image gallery 
ClockworkMod Recovery main menu
See also 
- "Detailed Technical Datasheet of Samsung SGH-i847 Rugby Smart". PDAdb.net. 2012-08-23. Retrieved 2012-09-25.
- O'Brien, Terrence (2012-10-04). "Samsung Galaxy Rugby Pro for AT&T hands-on". Engadget. AOL. Retrieved 2012-10-09.
- Colon, Alex (2012-03-06). "Samsung Rugby Smart (AT&T)". PCMag.com. Ziff Davis. Retrieved 2012-09-27.
- Samsung Rugby Smart review (AT&T). CBS Interactive. 2012-03-08. http://reviews.cnet.com/smartphones/samsung-rugby-smart-at/4505-6452_7-35155542.html. Retrieved 2012-09-25.
- John V. (2012-03-02). "Samsung Rugby Smart Review". PhoneArena.com. Meet Gadget. Retrieved 2012-10-08.
- Official website
- Samsung Rugby Smart Durability Test on YouTube
- Android Forums tutorial on how to root (destructive)
- XDA Forums tutorial on how to replace and use recoveries
- XDA Forums tutorial on how to install CyanogenMod 9
|This Samsung mobile phone-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|