||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guidelines for products and services. (August 2012)|
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (August 2012)|
|Compatible networks||GSM 850/900, 1800, 1900|
|Availability by country||2007|
|Dimensions||4.13" x 2.05" x 0.51" (105mm x 52mm x 13mm)|
|Weight||2.82 oz (80 g)|
|Battery||Lithium Ion 800 mAh|
|Display||176 X 220 px, 262,000 colors|
|Rear camera||1.3 megapixel|
|Connectivity||GPRS / EDGE Class 10, Bluetooth 2.0|
Released during Q3 2007 for T-Mobile in the USA, the Samsung Blast (SGH-T729) slider features a double-tap QWERTY keypad, music player, stereo bluetooth and a MicroSD slot.
- Thin and light slider-style design
- 1.3-megapixel camera 4x zoom with multishot and camcorder capabilities
- Bluetooth wireless capability for headsets, synchronizing with PCs or phones
- Quad-band GSM ("Worldphone") capability
- Built-in MP3 player with stereo Bluetooth 2.0 wireless technology to listen to music without wires
- Check email via POP3, IMAP4, and SMTP protocols
- Half QWERTY keypad (aka double-tap)
- MicroSD slot. Supports up to 2 GB (officially) though some users have reported being able to use 4 GB cards.
Capabilities and applications
Direct access to personal email, including AOL email, Yahoo! Mail and Gmail, making it easy to check messages anytime of the day. For added convenience, email messages can be read and responded to for the same pricing as text and picture messages - meaning there's no required data package to purchase. The Blast is a stylish ultra-thin slider offering additional features, including access to instant messaging with built-in support for AOL Instant Messenger (AIM), ICQ, Windows Live Messenger and Yahoo! Messenger, stereo Bluetooth technology, a 1.3-megapixel camera with digital zoom, multi-shot, and video recording capabilities, external memory card slot, MP3 player and speaker independent voice recognition. Users also can stay connected while traveling worldwide with the Blast's quad-band technology.
Allows the user to use the phone as a basic calculator. Other included functions:
- Sq Root
The E-mail application supports up to 4 accounts. Note that E-mail uses SMS messages and may incur charges.
- Custom 1
- Custom 2
If there are problems signing into a gmail or other webmail account, make sure that it supports POP3 or IMAP. POP3 and IMAP can be enabled on gmail via Settings > Forwarding and POP/IMAP.
Allows the user to open up photos that have been taken (not downloaded images) and apply effects such as frames, emoticons, clipart and hue/contrast presets.
Note: instant messaging uses SMS messages(not data) and may incur charges depending on the plan.
- Windows Live
Download or store the mobile phone's contact list to my.tmobile.com for later use.
As an alternative, the Samsung PC Studio can be used software to synchronize contacts and other data, transfer files, or use your phone as a modem (if the user has T-Mobile's internet plan).
- Currency (Manually enter updated exchange rates for accurate results)
Allows the user to view the current date and time of two locations simultaneously.
- There have been reports of 2 GB MicroSD cards (specifically Kingston) not being recognized by the Samsung Blast while working in other devices. However, Sandisk and other brands seem to work fine.
- While not technically a defect, the Samsung Blast has a low call volume which is easily solved by using the hands-free accessory that comes with the phone.
- Unofficial fix for low call volume. Use at own risk. Samsung Blast - Increasing Call Volume
- Also, the microphone is ultra-sensitive to any contact made to the phone. Even slightly moving the phone can cause the user to cut out to the receiving person.
- Form Factor: Slider
- Internal antenna
|Ringtones and Media Player Limitations|
|Format||Media Player Support||Ringtone Support||Max Media Player File Size||Max Supported Bitrates||Character Limits||Max Ringtone File Size|
- Type: Internal Cell Li-Ion
- (mAh) Milliamp Hours: 800 mAh
- Battery Voltage: 3.7 Volts
- Battery Housing/Cover Color: Red
- Liquid Damage Indicator (LDI): Top Side Ledge
- Charging Time
- Travel Charger: 3.0 hours
- Car Charger: 3.0 hours
- Talk Time
- Digital 1900 MHz: Up to 5 hours
- Digital 850 MHz: Up to 5 hours
- Standby Time
- Digital 1900 MHz: Up to 200 hours(8.3 days)
- Digital 850 MHz: Up to 200 hours(8.3 days)
- Version: 2.0 + EDR (Enhanced Data Rate)
- Bluetooth 2400 MHz: 2402.0 - 2480.0 MHz
- Supported Profiles:
- A2DP: Advanced Audio Distribution Profile
- BPP: Basic Printing Profile
- DUN: Dial-up networking Profile
- FTP: File Transfer Profile
- HFP: Hands-Free Profile
- HSP: Headset Profile
- OPP: Object Push Profile
- SPP: Serial Port Profile
- Camera Type: CMOS
- Camera's Physical Location on Handset: Top Back OF Slider
- Camera Image Format: JPG
- Max Storage Capacity For Pictures In Phone Memory: Up To 11 MB (Shared Memory)
- Mega Pixel Rating: 1.3 MP
- Resolution Settings:
|Resolution||Average File Size|
- Caller ID Image
- Group ID Image
- Picture Mail
Camera Controls & Settings
- Self Timer: 3 sec, 5 sec, 10 sec
- Multi-Shot: 69, 15
- Multi-Shot Quality: Normal, High
- Shot Mosiac:
- Digital: 4x
- Manual: 0 to 6
- White Balance:
- Color Tones:
- Black and White
- Fun Frames: 30
- Predictive Text Input: XT9 Easy Text Input
- E-mail Capabilities: AOL, Yahoo, Custom 1, Custom 2
- Instant Messaging: AOL, ICQ, Yahoo, Windows Live
- EMS Added: Yes
- Total SMS/EMS Storage Capacity: 200, Push: 30
- Character Limit Per Message: 160
- SMS/EMS Concatenation (Link) Support: Yes
- Total MMS Storage Capacity: Up To 11 MB
- Character Limit Per Message: 1000
• Note: IM and E-mail both use text messages and may incur charges
The phone has been distributed in North America by the following carriers:
- Samsung T729 official page
- Mobiledia Information
- Official Comprehensive FAQ and Phone Information
- Cnet Review of the Samsung Blast