|Full name||Samuel Raymond Clucas|
|Date of birth||25 September 1990|
|Place of birth||Lincoln, England|
|Height||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 15 April 2015 (UTC).
† Appearances (Goals).
Samuel Raymond "Sam" Clucas (born 25 September 1990) is an English footballer who plays as a midfielder for Chesterfield. He started his career as a youth player for Leicester City where he spent six years, before being released. He studied at Lincoln College and had a spell at Nettleham towards the end of the 2008–09 season, before joining his hometown club Lincoln City where he stayed until being released in the summer of 2010.
Clucas started his career with Leicester City joining their academy at the age of 10, leaving at the age of 16. Following his release from Leicester, he had a short spell playing for Nettleham in the Central Midlands Football League at the end of the 2008–09 season.
He then studied sports development qualification at Lincoln College. He was offered a soccer scholarship in the United States, before signing for Lincoln at the start of the 2009–10 season after a successful trial period with his hometown club, impressing manager Peter Jackson, who described him as a "real find". Whilst on trial with the club he an appearance in the Lincolnshire Senior Cup final defeat to Scunthorpe United. He made his professional debut on 1 September for Lincoln City in their 1–0 home defeat to Darlington in the Football League Trophy, before being replaced by Chris Fagan in the 63rd minute as a substitute. In late December 2009, manager Chris Sutton announced Clucas would be one of three players to be put on the transfer list. In March 2010 a proposed loan move to Lincoln Moorlands Railway fell through as Northern Counties East League rules prevented member clubs from signing contracted Football League players on short-term loans. Clucas was released by Lincoln City in the summer of 2010. In August 2010, having successfully attended trials at Bisham Abbey, he was handed a two-year scholarship at the Glenn Hoddle Academy, the move also enabled him to turn out for Jerez Industrial. He signed for Hereford United in November 2011 after a trial period. 
On 21 June 2013, Clucas signed a two-year contract with Mansfield Town for a fee of £20,000 plus a 15% sell-on clause which was decided by a tribunal. He had rejected an offer from Crewe Alexandra and chosen to sign for Mansfield as it was closer to his home in Lincoln.
On 1 September 2014, the 2014 summer transfer window deadline day, League One side Chesterfield signed Clucas from rivals Mansfield Town on a three-year deal until June 2017 for an undisclosed fee.
Born in Lincoln, Lincolnshire, Clucas attended Saint Peter and Saint Paul Catholic High School. Prior to signing a professional football contract with Lincoln City he worked part-time at a café in a Debenhams department store.
- "findmypast.com – Samuel Clucas". findmypast.com. Retrieved 1 September 2009.
- Rollin, Glenda; Rollin, Jack, eds. (2012). Sky Sports Football Yearbook 2012–2013 (43rd ed.). London: Headline. p. 475. ISBN 978-0-7553-6356-8.
- "First Team: Samuel Clucas". Lincoln City F.C. Retrieved 1 September 2009.
- "Peter Jackson thrilled with new signing Sam Clucas". This Is Lincolnshire. 3 August 2009. Retrieved 1 September 2009.
- "Lincoln City sign Sam Clucas". This Is Lincolnshire. 3 August 2009. Retrieved 1 September 2009.
- "Clucas find can begin Imps production line". This Is Lincolnshire. 8 August 2009. Retrieved 1 September 2009.
- "Darlington 1 – 0 Lincoln City". BBC Sport. 1 September 2009. Retrieved 1 September 2009.
- "Red tape stops loan moves". NonLeagueDaily.com. 1 March 2010. Retrieved 11 July 2013.
- "New Hoddle Academy recruit Sam Clucas would ‘love to play for Lincoln City again’". Lincolnshire Echo. 19 August 2010. Retrieved 11 July 2013.
- "Sam Clucas aims to reign in Spain with guidance from Glenn Hoddle". Lincolnshire Echo. 6 January 2011. Retrieved 11 July 2013.
- "Bulls sign midfielder Clucas". www.herefordunited.co.uk. Retrieved 12 November 2011.
- "Mansfield Town told to pay Hereford £20,000 compensation for Sam Clucas deal by FA tribunal". www.hucknalldispatch.co.uk. Retrieved 25 September 2013.
- "Mansfield Town: Hereford's Sam Clucas snubs Crewe for Field Mill". BBC Sport. Retrieved 23 June 2013.
- "Clucas Signs for Spireites". Retrieved 12 September 2014.
- Lincoln City profile
- Lincoln City official archive profile
- Samuel Clucas career statistics at Soccerbase