2 May 1992 |
|FIA Formula Two Championship
Italian Formula Three
European F3 Open
International Formula Master
Formula Le Mans
Italian Formula Renault 2.0
Swiss Formula Renault 2.0
Master Junior Formula
Master Junior Formula 
Formula Renault 2.0 
In the Italian series, he competed in the first ten races of the season before leaving the championship, taking a best result of 10th at Misano, whilst in the Swiss series he took part in six races, with a sixth place at Hockenheim being his best race result.
Formula Three 
In 2009, Buttarelli graduated to Formula Three, racing in the newly–named European F3 Open Championship for the emiliodevillota.com team. He took part in the first six rounds of the season before leaving the series after the Monza round in October, where he had just secured his best race results of the season. He was classified in 18th place in the standings. In June 2009, Buttarelli joined Carlin Motorsport to contest the Masters of Formula 3 event held at Zandvoort. After qualifying on the back row of the grid, he finished as the last classified finisher in 31st position. In September 2009, he also made his debut in the Italian Formula Three Championship, racing for RC Motorsport at Imola, where he finished the two races in 18th and 17th places respectively.
For the 2010 season, Buttarelli joined Prema Powerteam to contest the Italian Formula Three Championship. After securing three podium places and a fastest lap in the first ten races, Buttarelli split with the team after the fifth round at Varano. He did, however, secure a seat alongside Daniel Mancinelli at Team Ghinzani in time for the next round of the series at Vallelunga, where he took a podium in the second race. He eventually finished the season in eighth place.
Formula Le Mans 
In July 2009, Buttarelli took part in a one–off round of the Formula Le Mans series in Portimão, sharing an Oreca FLM09 with GP2 Series regular Jérôme d'Ambrosio, who was using the weekend to learn the circuit as it would host the final round of the GP2 Series season. The pair dominated the event, winning both races whilst also taking a pole position and fastest lap. However, as they were guest drivers they were ineligible for championship points.
International Formula Master 
In the summer of 2009, Buttarelli took part in the International Formula Master events that supported the Hungarian Grand Prix and Belgian Grand Prix, as part of series organiser N.Technology's Talent Support Program (T.S.P). In his four races in the series he took a best result of ninth in the Hungaroring sprint race.
Racing record 
Career summary 
|2007||Master Junior Formula||?||3||0||0||0||0||9||23rd|
|2008||Italian Formula Renault 2.0||Cram Competition||10||0||0||0||0||10||28th|
|Swiss Formula Renault 2.0||6||0||0||0||0||33||14th|
|2009||European F3 Open Championship||emiliodevillota.com||12||0||0||0||0||9||18th|
|International Formula Master||T.S.P||4||0||0||0||0||0||NC†|
|Italian Formula Three Championship||RC Motorsport||2||0||0||0||0||0||25th|
|Formula Le Mans||DAMS||2||2||1||1||2||0||NC†|
|Masters of Formula 3||Carlin Motorsport||1||0||0||0||0||N/A||31st|
|2010||Italian Formula Three Championship||Prema Powerteam||16||0||0||1||4||50||8th|
† – As Buttarelli was a guest driver, he was ineligible for championship points.
- "Master Junior Formula 2007". driverdb.com (Driver Database). Retrieved 2010-10-07.
- "European F3 Open 2009". driverdb.com (Driver Database). Retrieved 2010-10-07.
- "Joy of six as Carlin announces Masters line-up". crash.net (Crash Media Group). 2009-06-09. Retrieved 2010-10-07.
- "Zandvoort F3 Masters – Race result". crash.net (Crash Media Group). 2009-06-14. Retrieved 2010-10-07.
- "Buttarelli signed for Prema". italiaracing.net (Inpagina). 2010-01-11. Retrieved 2010-10-07.
- "Buttarelli lascia il team Prema". italiaracing.net (in Italian) (Inpagina). 2010-09-07. Retrieved 2010-10-07.
- "Buttarelli e Ghinzani trovano l'accordo". italiaracing.net (in Italian) (Inpagina). 2010-09-18. Retrieved 2010-10-07.
- "Campionato Italiano Formula 3 2010". driverdb.com (Driver Database). Retrieved 2010-11-02.
- "The Formula Le Mans comes to sunny Portugal". formulalemans.com (Formula Le Mans). 2009-07-28. Retrieved 2010-10-07.
- "D’Ambrosio and Buttarelli double up". formulalemans.com (Formula Le Mans). 2009-08-03. Retrieved 2010-10-07.
- "Buttarelli e Sims a Budapest per il programma junior". italiaracing.net (in Italian) (Inpagina). 2009-07-21. Retrieved 2010-10-07.