San Diego, Carabobo
||It has been suggested that this article be merged into San Diego Municipality. (Discuss) Proposed since September 2011.|
|Municipality||San Diego Municipality|
|Founded||7 November 1781|
|• Shire Town||106 sq mi (275 km2)|
The city was the centre of an agricultural region. It has grown very rapidly in recent years. Many of the areas previously used for agriculture have been taken over by further urbanizations. Now the service industry has overtaken agriculture as main source of income.
The total population of the municipality is around 200000 inhabitants.
The San Diego River, coming from the Northern mountains, crosses the city in its way to the Valencia Lake.
The city is the seat of the mayor of San Diego's municipality.
- Universidad José Antonio Paez (Universidad Privada)
- Universidad Arturo Michelena (Universidad Privada)
- Instituto Tecnológico de Seguridad Industrial (Educación Superior)
- Colegio Universitario Monseñor de Talavera (Educación Superior)
- Unidad Educativa Monseñor Luis Eduardo Henríquez.
- Unidad Educativa Patria Bolivariana.
- Unidad Educativa Colegio Las Californias.
- Unidad Educativa Hipolito Cisneros.
Places of interest
- San Diego's church is a well-preserved colonial church.
- The area around the San Diego church, around the Bolívar Square, also keep the traditional architecture
- Fin de Siglo Shopping mall, a facility with about 300 stores including Municipal government offices.
- Pozo la Cumana and Waterfall...a sparkling clean river with a large swimming well and a water fall higher up the hill. Note: to enter the waterfall you must ask the park ranger for permission as it is not open to everyone. A place to hang out and chill from the heat, services available. An all terrain vehicle is necessary to get to this place.
- Ask about the Cocadas kiosk: A very well known place among local people for its delicious coconut water, milkshake and ice creams.
- San Diego Golf and country club
- Club Madeirense
The fireworks of San Diego during New Year's Eve are a well-known spectacle in the central region of Venezuela.
The carnival parade in February: Every year thousands of people come out to Julio Centeno Avenue, the principal artery road to watch the parade of costumes, live band, and fun. It has approximately one million visitants each year ...very well organized safe and beautiful party
The San Diego Christmas market and fun fair: every December (second and third week of the month) features two weeks of wonderfully decorated Christmas style event with an amazing lights forest for people of all ages, lots of entertainment featuring famous bands, a gourmet and delicatesen food fair including large bbq gourmet gaucho steaks, local food, seasonal delicacies, wine tasting, beer stands, variety of hot dogs and hamburger gourmet selection, sushi, etc. Also lots of arts and crafts market, clothes, toys, etc. Lots of parking in the area, very safe and clean with good infrastructure of organization due to the well planned actions and budget which goes into it.