San Francisco Law School
|San Francisco Law School|
|Parent school||Alliant International University|
|Dean||Jane L. O'Hara Gamp|
|Faculty||29 (including Adjunct faculty)|
|Bar pass rate||67% (6/9) (July 2012 1st time takers)|
San Francisco Law School is a private, non-profit law school in San Francisco, California. Founded in 1909, the law school became non-profit in 1941 and moved to its present location in 1968. The law school offers a three year full-time program and a four year part-time evening program leading to a Juris Doctor degree.
The Law School's alumni include late California Governor Edmund "Pat" Brown ('27) and former Lieutenant Governor of California, Leo T. McCarthy and Undersecretary of the United States Department of Energy Joseph F. Salgado.
In July 2010, the law school completed a merger to become a graduate school of Alliant International University. The law school retains its name and current location.
San Francisco Law School has been accredited by the Committee of Bar Examiners of the State Bar of California since 1937, but does not have or currently seek approval by the American Bar Association. In addition, through Alliant, San Francisco Law School is regionally accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges, thus allowing students to apply for federal assistance programs.
In 2014, San Diego Law School opened as a branch campus of San Francisco Law School and is located on Alliant University's San Diego campus. San Diego Law School offers a four year part-time evening program and is accredited by the Committee of Bar Examiners of the State of California.
- Geoffrey F. Brown commissioner of the California Public Utilities Commission
- Oscar Zeta Acosta friend of Hunter S. Thompson and inspiration for the character Dr. Gonzo in Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.
- Wayne M. Collins civil rights attorney; argued Korematsu v. US in front of the United States Supreme Court 
- "General Statistics Report: July 2011 California Bar Examination". California State Bar. December 28, 2011.
- ABA Accredited Schools, ABA Accredited Law Schools, Non- ABA Accredited Law Schools
- Law Schools in California Accredited by the Committee of Bar Examiners (CBE) 4/10/2010
- "ABA-Approved Law Schools by Year". ABA website. Retrieved April 1, 2011.
- San Francisco Law School Accreditation Statement
- Collins, Donald E. Native American Aliens: Disloyalty and the Renunciation of Citizenship by Japanese Americans during World War II. Westport: Greenwood Press, 1985