San Gabriel High School
|San Gabriel High School|
|Alhambra, California, United States|
|Motto||Carpe Bos Cornu|
|Color(s)||Royal Blue and Crimson Red|
|Mascot||Gabriel the Bull|
|Yearbook||El Camino Real|
San Gabriel High School is a public high school located around the border of San Gabriel, California and Alhambra, California. It is one of the three high schools in the Alhambra Unified School District.
It traditionally served students residing in San Gabriel although the balance was shifted in 1994 when San Gabriel Unified School District separated itself from Alhambra Unified. Upon separation, SGUSD opened Gabrielino High School to serve its students. San Gabriel High School now serves students from portions of Alhambra, San Gabriel, and Rosemead. They now provide a webpage where anyone can directly contact their staff via email (including Administrators and Teachers). Students may also contact staff via BlueBooks.
San Gabriel High School, home of the Matadors, first opened its doors in September 1955. It has been open with a couple of new building being built since then.
- Arthur H. Kruger (1955–1971)
- R. Reed Channell (1971–1975)
- Elizabeth C. Luttrell (1975–1977)
- Jack B. Mount (1977–1996)
- Linda Marryott (1996–1998)
- Barbara Randolph (1998–2000)
- Alex Ayala (2000–2004)
- Marsha Gilbert (2004–2007)
- Jim Schofield (2007–present)
- John Scanlan, Asst. Principal of Guidance and Pupil Services
- Jeannie Gutierrez, Assistant Principal of Instruction
- Chris Takeshita, Asst. Principal of Business and Activities
- Jocelyn Castro, Asst. Principal of Student Services
- Robby Jung, Asst. Principal of Student Services
Students of San Gabriel High should complete 210 credits in order to graduate. San Gabriel offers 15 Advanced Placement (AP) courses including: English language, English literature, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Statistics, World History, US History, American Government, Chemistry, Biology, Physics B, Psychology, Spanish language, Chinese language, and Art History.
The school has 2,429 students and 76 full-time teachers. The ethnic composition of San Gabriel High School is 57.1% Asian, 41% Hispanic, 1% White, 1% Two or More Races, 0.2% African American, and 0.1% Pacific Islander.
- John Grabow, major league baseball pitcher
- David Henry Hwang, Asian American dramatist
- Mike Krukow, former major league baseball pitcher, commentator
- Kenny Loggins, American singer and songwriter
- Felicia Hano, American artistic gymnast
- "SGHS Email Contact List for Staff". Sghsmatadors.org. December 31, 1999. Retrieved January 22, 2011.
- "San Gabriel High School". Sghsmatadors.org. December 31, 1999. Retrieved January 22, 2011.
- "Course Listings".
- Los Angeles Times http://articles.latimes.com/keyword/david-henry-hwang
|url=missing title (help).
- Kenny Loggins
- San Gabriel High School Official Site
- San Gabriel High School Alumni Assn.
- Alhambra Unified School District Web Site
- San Gabriel High School Reunion Site