San Isidro Partido
Partido de San Isidro
location of San Isidro Partido in Gran Buenos Aires
|Founded by||Domingo de Acassuso|
|• Mayor||Gustavo Posse, Partido Vecinal|
|• Total||51 km2 (20 sq mi)|
|Patron saint||San Isidro Labrador|
The founder of San Isidro city was Domingo de Acassuso, who built a cathedral in 1706 dedicated to San Isidro Labrador, having seen him in a dream. Other towns in the municipality are Acassuso, Beccar, Boulougne, Martínez, and Villa Adelina.
The San Isidro cathedral (Catedral de San Isidro in Spanish) was completed on July 14, 1898. Constructed in Neo-Gothic style, it stands 68 m (223 ft) tall. It is located opposite Plaza Mitre in San Isidro's historic quarter.
There are a number of sailing clubs on the Río de la Plata.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to San Isidro (Buenos Aires).|
- (Spanish) San Isidro municipality's official website
- San Isidro hipodromo
- Tourist information
- (Spanish) San isidro Club Rugby
- (Spanish) Club Atlético San Isidro Rugby
- (Spanish) Club Acassuso Football
- (Spanish) Club Acassuso -Arriba Los Azules Football
- (Spanish) InfoBAN San Isidro