Sana'a International Airport
|El Rahaba Airport
مطار صنعاء الدولي
|IATA: SAH – ICAO: OYSN|
|Owner||Government of Yemen|
|Operator||Government of Yemen|
Felix Airways (Al Saeeda Airlines)
|Elevation AMSL||7,216 ft / 2,199 m|
Sana'a International Airport (Sana'a International) (IATA: SAH, ICAO: OYSN), or El Rahaba Airport, is an international airport located in Sana'a, the capital of Yemen. The runway is shared with a large military base with several fighter jets and transport aircraft of the Yemeni Air Force. A new terminal is currently being built. It is planned to open in 2015.
Airlines and destinations
|Qatar Airways Cargo||Doha|
Accidents and incidents
- On October 30, 2011, a shelling attack by opposition tribesmen on the neighboring Air Force base damaged the airport's runway, forcing incoming flights to be diverted to Aden. There were no reports of casualties, although an ammunition storage and two fighter jets were destroyed.
- In July 15, 2012, An Airbus A310-300 Yemenia registered (7O-ADR) was in the hangar. While some people went to pray, the aircraft was burning. The front part was totally burnt.
- On November 21, 2012, A Russian made Antonov 26 crashed in the abandoned Al-Hasaba Marketplace. Pilots saw that there was an engine which caught fire. The aircraft was operated by the Yemeni Air Force.
- On February 19, 2013, A Yemeni Air Force fighter plane, Sukhoi Su-17 crashed on to a building shortly after taking of from Sana'a International Airport close to a busy road. The crash location was behind a local hospital. 18 people died and 16 were injured. Yemeni airforce is now worried after two plane crashes.
- "Destinations". Felix Airways. Retrieved 7 January 2015.
- "UPDATE 2 — Mortar shells hit Yemeni Air Force Base, destroying two fighter jets". BNO News. Retrieved 31 October 2011.
Media related to Sana'a International Airport at Wikimedia Commons
- Accident history for SAH at Aviation Safety Network
- Airport information for OYSN at Great Circle Mapper. Source: DAFIF (effective Oct. 2006).
- Current weather for OYSN at NOAA/NWS
- Airport information for OYSN at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.Source: DAFIF.