Sander van Doorn
|Sander van Doorn|
|Birth name||Sander Ketelaars|
|Also known as||Filterfunk, Larsson, Purple Haze, Sam Sharp, Sandler|
28 February 1979 |
Eindhoven, Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
|Genres||Progressive house, trance, electro house, big room house|
|Occupations||DJ, producer, remixer|
|Labels||Doorn Records, Spinnin' Records, Santos Records,|
|Associated acts||The Killers, Depeche Mode, Julian Jordan, Swedish House Mafia, Robbie Williams, Lady Gaga, Sia, Laidback Luke|
Sander van Doorn (Dutch pronunciation: [ˈsɑn.dər vɑn ˈdoːr(ə)n]) (born Sander Ketelaars [Dutch pronunciation: [ˈsɑn.dər ˈkeː.tə.ˌlaːrs]]; 28 February 1979) is a Dutch electronic dance music producer and DJ. He is listed at DJMag's top 100 djs list, debuting at #32 in 2006, then moving up to #13 in 2008, being #10 in 2009, up to #12 in 2010, and as of 2012, is listed as #18 DJ in the world.
The first big achievement in his career was securing residencies at Judgement Sunday in Ibiza and at the Gallery in London. In June 2007 he presented one of Eddie Halliwell's shows on BBC Radio One. He also did an essential mix for BBC Radio One in June 2006. His productions, both original work and remixes, in 2007-2008 have generally been well received in the electronic music industry and are supported by more than 50 radio stations worldwide. Notable artists he has done remixes for include Sia, The Killers, Swedish House Mafia, Depeche Mode, & many others. He also did a collaboration with Robbie Williams.
On 3 March 2008 Sander released his first artist album under the record label Spinnin' Records. The album was titled 'Supernaturalistic'. It is a 13 track album with a wide variation of tracks.
March 2008 saw Sander win an award for 'Best Breakthrough DJ' in the International Dance Music Awards at the Miami Winter Music Conference in 2008 (beating the likes of Calvin Harris, Deadmau5 and Axwell). His track "Riff" also received a nomination as the best "Underground Track".
In the summer of 2010 Sander had residency at the world famous Amnesia nightclub in Ibiza, Spain. On Tuesday of every month Sander was going behind the decks with the likes of super star DJs.
Sander headlined a lot of music festivals with Bal en Blanc 16 in Montreal, Beyond Wonderland in San Bernardino, Electric Zoo in New York and Transmission in Prague just to name a few. A month long tour of North America, which started in April was a great success with the finale "Dusk Till Doorn" show at The Guvernment in Toronto.
Just like in 2009, all of Sander's tracks produced in 2010 including "Renegade", "Daisy", "Reach Out", "Hymn 2.0" and "Daddyrock" went to the top of the Beatportcharts.
In 2011, he performed at Energy, Mysteryland, EDC and started a residency at worldwide Sensation festivals. He also released his first true cross-over hits 'Love is darkness' and 'Koko'. Besides that, his Dusk till Doorn compilation got its 2011 version, all of which earned him a Dutch Silver Harp award.
In March 2012 Sander performed at Ultra in Miami, where he introduced his new single 'Nothing Inside' (Mayaeni/Justin Parker) Featuring Mayaeni. The song hit #1 on Beatport as well as the playlists and charts in numerous countries.
2013 has been another successful year for Sander van Doorn. He started his own monthly internet radio show called "Identity" on Digitally Imported radio. He also released some hit releases like "Joyenegizer", "Neon", "Project T" (with Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike) and "Direct Dizko" (with Yves). Next to that he started his own record label named DOORN Records together with Spinnin' Records.
2014 started off with his release "Right Here Right Now" and his collaboration with Martin Garrix and DVBBS "Goldskies".
- 2006 Dance Valley Festival 2006
- 2006 I-D Digital Mix
- 2007 Fast And Furious
- 2010 From Dusk Till Doorn
- 2011 Dusk Till Doorn
Singles & EPs
- 2004 Twister (RR, as Sam Sharp)
- 2004 Loaded (Oxygen)
- 2004 Punk'd (Oxygen)
- 2004 Dark Roast (Oxygen)
- 2004 Deep / In-Deep (Reset, as Sam Sharp)
- 2004 Theme Song (Liquid, as Sandler)
- 2005 Chemistry EP (Liquid, as Sandler)
- 2005 Bling Bling (Oxygen)
- 2005 ERROR (Reset, as Sam Sharp)
- 2005 Adrenaline / Push Off Me (Oxygen, as Purple Haze)
- 2005 A.K.A (Oxygen)
- 2005 S.O.S. (Message In A Bottle) (Whitelabel, as Filterfunk)
- 2005 Hoover:Craft (Reset, as Sam Sharp)
- 2006 Eden / Rush (Oxygen, as Purple Haze)
- 2006 Pumpkin (Oxygen)
- 2007 Grasshopper/ Grass-Hopper (Oxygen)
- 2007 By Any Demand feat MC Pryme (Spinnin)
- 2007 King of My Castle (Sander van Doorn Remix)(Spinnin)
- 2007 Riff (DOORN)
- 2008 The Bass (Nebula/EMI)
- 2008 Apple
- 2008 Sushi
- 2008 Organic (with Marco V)
- 2009 Close My Eyes (with Robbie Williams and Pet Shop Boys) (Nebula)
- 2009 Roundabout (as Sam Sharp)
- 2009 What Say (with Marco V)
- 2009 Bastillion
- 2009 Bliksem (as Purple Haze)
- 2009 Ninety
- 2010 Renegade
- 2010 Daisy
- 2010 Reach Out
- 2010 Hymn 2.0 (as Purple Haze)
- 2010 Daddyrock
- 2010 Season (as Sandler, from 2004)
- 2010 Intro (XX Booty Mix)
- 2011 Love Is Darkness (with Carol Lee)
- 2011 Koko
- 2011 Timezone (as Purple Haze with Frederick)
- 2011 Drink To Get Drunk
- 2011 Who's Wearing The Cap (Laidback Luke vs. Sander van Doorn)
- 2011 What Did I Do (Kele vs. Sander van Doorn feat. Lucy Taylor)
- 2012 Chasin'
- 2012 Nothing Inside (featuring Mayaeni)
- 2012 Kangaroo (with Julian Jordan) DOORN (Spinnin)
- 2013 Joyenergizer #UK Indie 26 #UK Dance 38
- 2013 Ten (featuring Mark Knight and Underworld)
- 2013 Into The Light (Sander van Doorn, DubVision vs. MAKO feat. Mariana Bell)
- 2013 Neon
- 2013 Project T (Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike vs. Sander van Doorn)
- 2013 Direct Dizko (with Yves V)
- 2014 Right Here, Right Now (Neon)
- 2014 Guitar Track (with Firebeatz) DOORN (Spinnin)
- 2014 Gold Skies (With Martin Garrix & DVBBS & Aleesia) Spinnin' Records
- 2014 Get Enough DOORN (Spinnin)
- 2004 Code 1 - House Music (SvD Dub)
- 2004 Sander van Doorn - Dark Roast (S.V.D. Remix)
- 2005 Manny Romero - Compadre (S.v.D. Remix)
- 2005 TDR - Squelch (Sander Van Doorn Remix)
- 2005 FilterFunk - S.O.S. (Message In A Bottle) (Sander van Doorn Remix)
- 2006 Armin van Buuren - Control Freak (Sander van Doorn Remix)
- 2006 Mohamed Sehly - Amazing Beat (SVD Without Going Cairo Remix)
- 2006 Tiësto - Dance4Life (Sander Van Doorn Remix)
- 2006 Club Scene Investigators - Direct Dizko (Sander Van Doorn Remix)
- 2006 Technotronic - Pump Up The Jam (Sander Van Doorn Remix)
- 2006 Sander van Doorn - Pumpkin (SvD Remix)
- 2006 Mode Hookers - Breathe (Sander van Doorn Remix)
- 2006 Yello - Oh Yeah (Sander van Doorn Remix)
- 2007 Wamdue Project - King Of My Castle (Sander van Doorn Vocal Mix)
- 2007 Gleave - Come With Me (SVD Stripped Edit)
- 2007 Arctic Monkeys - When The Sun Goes Down (Sander van Doorn Remix)
- 2008 Sia - The Girl You Lost To Cocaine (Sander van Doorn Remix)
- 2008 OneRepublic - Apologize (Sander van Doorn Bootleg)
- 2009 Sam Sharp - Roundabout (Sander van Doorn Main Mix)
- 2009 The Killers - Spaceman (Sander van Doorn Remix) Part 1
- 2009 The Killers - Spaceman (Sander van Doorn Remix) Part 2
- 2009 Depeche Mode - Peace (Sander van Doorn Remix)
- 2010 Swedish House Mafia - Miami 2 Ibiza (Sander van Doorn Remix)
- 2011 Lady Gaga - Marry the Night (Sander van Doorn Remix)
- 2011 Cybersonik - Technary (Sander Van Doorn Remix)
- 2012 Neil Davidge - To Galaxy (Sander Van Doorn & Julian Jordan Remix)
- 25th Annual Dance Music Awards (2008). Accessed 8th June 2011.
- "Dance/EDM Future Releases". All Access Music Group. Archived from the original on June 20, 2014.
- Official website
- SVD TV
- Sander van Doorn on Myspace
- Sander van Doorn discography at Discogs
- Sander van Doorn discography at MusicBrainz
- Sander van Doorn at AllMusic