Sandgate railway station, New South Wales
Station looking west in August 2006
|Address||Astra Street, Sandgate
|Distance||170.51 km (105.95 mi) from Central|
|Fare zone||MyZone 3|
A one kilometre branch diverged behind the station in a north-westerly direction for Sandgate Cemetery. This closed on 13 October 1985. Following the completion of the Sandgate Flyover in November 2006, Sandgate station is flanked by two coal lines on either side.
Platforms & services
Sandgate has two side platforms. It is serviced by NSW TrainLink Hunter line services travelling between Newcastle, Maitland and Telarah on an hourly basis. It is also service by one early morning service to Scone.
|1||Hunter Line||Endeavour/Hunter railcar services to Newcastle|
|2||Hunter Line||Endeavour/Hunter railcar services to Maitland & Telarah||1 early morning service to Scone|
- Station Names. Date of opening, closing and/or change of name. Public Transport Commission of New South Wales Administrative Branch (Archives Section) (3rd ed.). February 1979 . p. 34.
- Sandgate Station NSWrail.net
- "Sangate Cemetery Branch to Close" Railway Digest October 1985 page 297
- Sandgate Cemetery Platform NSWrail.net
- ARTC Sandgate Flyover Opened by Deputy Prime Minister Australian Rail Track Corporation 24 November 2006
- Hunter line timetable NSW TrainLink 20 October 2013
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sandgate railway station, New South Wales.|