Seal of the Sandiganbayan
|Composition method||Presidential appointment from the short-list submitted by the Judicial and Bar Council|
|Authorized by||Constitution of the Philippines|
|This article is part of a series on the
politics and government of
The Sandiganbayan (Tagalog, roughly, "People's Advocate") is a special appellate collegial court in the Philippines. The special court was established by Presidential Decree No. 1486, as subsequently modified by Presidential Decree No. 1606 and by Republic Acts numbered 7975 and 8249. It is equal in rank to the Court of Appeals. The college of jurors consists of fourteen Associate Justices and one Presiding Justice.
|Name of Sandiganbayan Justices||Position||Date of Appointment||Date of Birth||Date of Retirement|
|Hon. Amparo M. Cabotaje-Tang||Presiding Justice||June 11, 2012||November 8, 1954||November 8, 2024|
|Hon. Gregory S. Ong||Associate Justice||October 5, 1998||May 25, 1953||May 25, 2023|
|Hon. Roland B. Jurado||Associate Justice||October 3, 2003||January 31, 1953||January 31, 2023|
|Hon. Efren N. de la Cruz||Associate Justice||October 10, 2003||June 18, 1954||June 18, 2024|
|Hon. Teresita V. Díaz-Baldos||Associate Justice||October 17, 2003||July 22, 1946||July 22, 2016|
|Hon. José R. Hernández||Associate Justice||March 9, 2004||November 22, 1946||November 22, 2016|
|Hon. Rodolfo A. Ponferrada||Associate Justice||August 23, 2004||September 13, 1947||September 13, 2017|
|Hon. Alexander G. Gesmundo||Associate Justice||October 15, 2005||November 6, 1956||November 6, 2026|
|Hon. Samuel R. Mártires||Associate Justice||May 10, 2006||January 2, 1949||January 2, 2019|
|Hon. Napoleón E. Inoturan||Associate Justice||April 4, 2008||July 27, 1948||July 27, 2018|
|Hon. Alex L. Quiroz||Associate Justice||December 11, 2008||May 27, 1957||May 27, 2027|
|Hon. María Cristina J. Cornejo||Associate Justice||May 1, 2010||December 13, 1950||December 13, 2020|
|Hon. Rafael R. Lagos||Associate Justice||December 9, 2010||December 22, 1954||December 22, 2024|
|Hon. Oscar C. Herrera, Jr.||Associate Justice||April 26, 2011||May 23, 1954||May 23, 2024|
- 2011 Armed Forces of the Philippines corruption scandal
- Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of the Philippines
- Constitution of the Philippines
- Court of Appeals of the Philippines
- Court of Tax Appeals of the Philippines
- Political history of the Philippines
- PRESIDENTIAL DECREE No. 1486 : CREATING A SPECIAL COURT TO BE KNOWN AS "SANDIGANBAYAN" AND FOR OTHER PURPOSES, June 11, 1978.
- PRESIDENTIAL DECREE No. 1606 : December 10, 1978 : REVISING PRESIDENTIAL DECREE NO. 1486 CREATING A SPECIAL COURT TO BE KNOWN AS "SANDIGANBAYAN" AND FOR OTHER PURPOSES
- REPUBLIC ACT NO. 7975 : AN ACT TO STRENGTHEN THE FUNCTIONAL AND STRUCTURAL ORGANIZATION OF THE SANDIGANBAYAN, AMENDING FOR THAT PURPOSE PRESIDENTIAL DECREE NO. 1606, AS AMENDED, March 30, 1995.
- Republic Act No. 8249 : AN ACT FURTHER DEFINING THE JURISDICTION OF THE SANDIGANBAYAN, AMENDING FOR THE PURPOSE PRESIDENTIAL DECREE NO. 1606, AS AMENDED, PROVIDING FUNDS THEREFOR, AND FOR OTHER PURPOSES., February 5, 1997.
- PRESIDENTIAL DECREE NO. 1606, as amended by R.A. NO. 7975* and R.A. NO. 8249*